Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...maybe just help me! All you fishing freaks have to have some info on my request.

Hello Guys,

This lack of fishing is getting to me so I am dreaming of fishing trips to come. About 10 years ago I took a trip to Blue Bank Resort for one of their (3) day trips. Their set-up is one fee per person and it includes your room, boat, motor, gas, bait and ice. It was a fun trip, but at a 6 hour drive I could not help thinking I was driving right by a lot of productive water that was a lot closer to home.

Do you guys know of any other lakes/resort that have a similar set-up with housing on the lake that includes a boat, bait, motor, etc.? Or have you planned a trip for yourself at a hotel and then rented a boat at a productive location?

I like to catch LM Bass the most, but I am not picky...I love all fish. Crappie and Pan Fish would be #2 on my list. Options within 3-5 hours of Cincinnati are preferred. I do not own a boat.

I was thinking of these lakes, but I know there are so many others:
Brookville Lake
Lake Cumberland
Dale Hollow

I am a fisherman that respects the resource, and my fellow anglers.

Thanks!

John

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,126 Posts
Dale Hollow... amazing location, good fishing. This is a Corps of Engineering lake - meaning the shoreline is more "wild" since there are no private homes on shore - only commercial marina operations (licensed from CoE). i mostly concentrate on the walleye and trout when there - but willing to catch anything hitting... have accidentally caught some nice small mouth bass when looking for trout by the dam. I have stayed at Cedar Hill Resort cabins on my visits. http://www.cedarhillresort.com/ I take my own boat and keep it in their marina but they do rent a variety of boats - from houseboats to small jon boats. This is near Celina TN and the location of the dam. Other nice thing about this location is that you can fish the river (trout) and there is the trout hatchery that you can walk around and checkout the big breeders (depending on time of year).

·
ST CLAIR SLAYER
10,172 Posts
...maybe just help me! All you fishing freaks have to have some info on my request.

Hello Guys,

This lack of fishing is getting to me so I am dreaming of fishing trips to come. About 10 years ago I took a trip to Blue Bank Resort for one of their (3) day trips. Their set-up is one fee per person and it includes your room, boat, motor, gas, bait and ice. It was a fun trip, but at a 6 hour drive I could not help thinking I was driving right by a lot of productive water that was a lot closer to home.

Do you guys know of any other lakes/resort that have a similar set-up with housing on the lake that includes a boat, bait, motor, etc.? Or have you planned a trip for yourself at a hotel and then rented a boat at a productive location?

I like to catch LM Bass the most, but I am not picky...I love all fish. Crappie and Pan Fish would be #2 on my list. Options within 3-5 hours of Cincinnati are preferred. I do not own a boat.

I was thinking of these lakes, but I know there are so many others:
Brookville Lake
Lake Cumberland
Dale Hollow

I am a fisherman that respects the resource, and my fellow anglers.

Thanks!

John
I went to reelfoot for 12 years...fishing is on the downswing there. We go to st clair now...all the bass , sm. Lm. Pike muskie rock bass walleye bluegill ya want. Did I mention sturgon and sm...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dale Hollow... amazing location, good fishing. This is a Corps of Engineering lake - meaning the shoreline is more "wild" since there are no private homes on shore - only commercial marina operations (licensed from CoE). i mostly concentrate on the walleye and trout when there - but willing to catch anything hitting... have accidentally caught some nice small mouth bass when looking for trout by the dam. I have stayed at Cedar Hill Resort cabins on my visits. http://www.cedarhillresort.com/ I take my own boat and keep it in their marina but they do rent a variety of boats - from houseboats to small jon boats. This is near Celina TN and the location of the dam. Other nice thing about this location is that you can fish the river (trout) and there is the trout hatchery that you can walk around and checkout the big breeders (depending on time of year).

Hi Privateer,

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to reelfoot for 12 years...fishing is on the downswing there. We go to st clair now...all the bass , sm. Lm. Pike muskie rock bass walleye bluegill ya want. Did I mention sturgon and sm...

Thanks, Tom! I will check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts