Help Make Up My Mind

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beeline, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Beeline

Beeline cant spell

WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF BUYING THIS BOAT
    I KNOW THIS IS THE 1ST YEAR OF THIS COMPANY
    ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE MOTOR ANY BODY KNOWS ABOUT
    HOW ARE THE ELECTRONICS

008 BEE LINE 295 Super Vee w/ Yamaha VZ200TLR

Color:
    Deck Color: Midnight Blue
    Deck Strip: Sand
    Pinstripe: Phoenix Red
    Side Panel: Midnight Blue
    Hull Color: Black Gel
    Hull Stripe: Sand

Additional Options:
    Minn Kota Max Pro 80 US 24v 42"
    LMS480 Console
    Lowrance X135 Bow
    Minn Kota MK330 Charger
    Hot Foot
    Pro Trim
    Stainless Pull-Up Cleats
    Spare Tire
    Disc Brakes
    Swing Tongue
    Ratchet Tie Down
    Aluminum Wheels
    Laser Cut Logo
    Led Lights

2. Gary Clouse and his crew from Stratos re-opened the Bumble Bee line with Phoenix boats. They are experienced in the market and coming in with a great perspective...

Bee's were a favorite of their owners and a popular "off brand" boat due to their positive characteristics.

Curious as to price on that boat- can't go wrong with the options or yammi listed.

The problems potentially faced are two BIG ones. If the company closes (which many starting businesses do) within your hull warranty period- your out with a potentially HUGE investment worth dog if there is a problem...and indeed some boats have problems. This scenerio happened when OMC went under and Genmar came in- there were some serious hull probs with 00' and 01' SS boats- most were covered, but only by luck.

The second is potential resale. Business wise, odds are greater depreciation along with a smaller market of available buyers for this boat say 3-5 years from now and possibly none by the time it's paid off, and even more scary- possibly none in the first two years!

BUT- you also might be one of the first to signup and it becomes a legendary company of boat builders with the best warranty going.

With the current market and prospects though- even bigger names such as Skeeter, Champion, Triton are hard resales, especially the way most rigs are initially financed which leaves the consumer upside down in a scant used market for such rigs.

A boat is a boat is a boat- anyone can break every one of them. But when they do they want it fixed and when their done with it they wanna sell it for the best price possible.

Similar scenerios in the car markets. Wanna sell a Honda accord with 130k miles- sold in a week. Wanna sell the same year Grand am same miles- much tougher.

Good luck!!! Keep us posted- I have been watchn' those Bee boats! Lots of talk online about them.

nip

3. Beeline

Beeline cant spell

Boat Is Priced At 31000.00
    Buying From Freedom Outdoors
    32200.00 With Custom Cover

4. Beeline

Beeline cant spell

Nip Thanks For Your Input
    Also Thinking About Paying Cash

5. I looked into this brand and got to view one at our open forum meeting last year. Nip made some very good points. My personal view on it after going over the boat with a microscope, I came to the conclusion that if I was going to buy new, a Stratos or a Skeeter would be a better option. Hope this helps. :B

6. There's a lot of quality brands with long standing dealer networks. If Freedom disappeared, who/where is your next dealer for service?

Bee Line might turn into a great boat company. Might.

Best of luck.

7. Now you said the "C" word!!! lololol

For a 19' boat w/200 thats a good new buy deal- bet I can be close with a
    294 Stratos... feel free to email me if interested- I take care of OGF'rs

nip
    FBFP2008@aol.com

8. This boat sounds like a good deal at 31,000.00. Do you want to be one of the first people to own one? It work out for the people that bought the first Honda's.

9. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Are you planning to fish tourneys or just recreational? If you're fishing tourneys you need to explore contingency bonuses too. They can add up to quite a bit of extra money in your pocket if you win tourneys.

10. Champion188 Elite

Champion188 Elite Smallie slayer