close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help kids tournament

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Walter Adkins, Feb 10, 2005.

1. The businesses association in my town has decided to do a fishing day/tournament for kids and teenagers this spring. I am looking for help with ideas on how to best:
    1 get kids and parents to paticapate.
    2 what kind of prizes
    3 what kind of games
    You get the idea. I have several ideas along with some of our business association. This will be hosted at a local pond or a golf club nerby not a public park. Come on and put your thinking hats on and come up with what you think would get you and your kids out there.
    Thanks

2. catking

catking Banned

Some games that still work are the three legged race, sack race, egg carry ( egg on a spoon) and carry it a certain distance, can even " hand " off to a team mate ......... Prizes can be nice but in expensive. Small tackle boxes with things inside. Rod & reel combos, small nets ,small chairs, flashlights ...... Good Luck !!......... CATKING

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I always loved the fishing rodeos we used to have when I was a kid. I organized one on a church weekend once and it went over really well. We had a small bag of tackle to get kids started. Split shot, hooks, swivels and bobbers. We even had a half flat of worms for bait. They had a ball.

Prizes for the smallest fish, biggest, most, etc. I still smile when I think of all the fun those kids had.