close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help! Garmin Mapsource?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rooster, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Can anyone help a GPS rookie? I’m trying to load maps from Mapsource Topo to my GPS. The maps are being transferred to the unit, but each map seems to overwrite the previous map (even though they do not overlap) I transferred a topo map of AEP to the unit, and everything was fine. Next, I transferred a map of the Little Miami River to the unit. The map of the LMR is fine, but the topo map of the AEP is no longer on the unit. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

2. Hooch

Hooch Fare Thee Well!

I have a Garmin PDA with GPS. I use the same software. Each time I load maps it DOES overwrite the old info. If you have the memory space, load the WHOLE state, or at least all of the places you think you will go and you won't have to download before EVERY trip. -Hooch-

3. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

those hand held units have a limited memory space none larger than 28mb by Garmin that I am currently aware of check you file size then sell and buy a Lowrance that uses the mmc cards