Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some basic help if anyone has the time. I need to know a good place to get live bait close to campus and some directions to boat ramps from campus. Any help would be awesome.

Lakes:
Alum
Deer creek
delaware

any small ponds or other reccomendations would be nice.. i fish from my kayak or john boat and always return fish to the water.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Back in the early 60s' you could always get bit at the "Varsity Club" without any bait. Then over to the "Tangy" for a submarine check. lol

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If your looking to buy bait close to campus the closest spot is probably R&R down on Front St. Just go down to Whittier and make a right then a right on Front St. and it will be on your left. Most of the lakes all have bait stores around them so it would probably be easier to get bait out there. If your looking to catch your own bait, below Griggs is usually very easy to catch bait with a cast net.

Jake

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,285 Posts
I used to live down there 3 years ago and I can give you some decent areas for panfish and smallies....check your pm's.

·
Registered
197 Posts
When i go to Delaware Lake i go to Norton Sporting Goods, 740-726-2616, 100 Norton Rd / RT.229, south of Waldo. Its the next Lighted Intersection north of the main park entrance for Delaware Lake.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help i think im gonna go to deer creek this week. Ill post s report.

Hopefully good ol map quest gives me good directions

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not sure they're still there but there was a bait shop on 5th Ave. back in the 70's. Kind of a bait shop carryout combined. Believe it was west of High St.

Generally fished Hoover while in college. Out by Westerville. Can get bait out there by the south end. Fished the catch basin below the dam with mixed success. Also a spot downriver a little way where there was a deeper hole.about 300 yds. below the south end of the parking lot in the bottom.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
times havent changed mickey :p

when we tag teaming some hoover bass man??

Back in the early 60s' you could always get bit at the "Varsity Club" without any bait. Then over to the "Tangy" for a submarine check. lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
The store on 5th Ave. closed years ago. R&R is goos, but the closest to campus is
JORDAN LIVE BAIT
614-261-0049

2200 Joyce Ave
Columbus, OH 43219

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
JORDAN bait closed 2 years ago.

The store on 5th Ave. closed years ago. R&R is goos, but the closest to campus is
JORDAN LIVE BAIT
614-261-0049

2200 Joyce Ave
Columbus, OH 43219

1 - 12 of 12 Posts