close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help for a visiting fisherman?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by hornswaggled, Jun 21, 2007.

1. I will be visiting relatives in North Field over the weekend and would like to do a little LM bass fishing while I am there. I don't have a boat: are there any ponds or small lakes with adequate access? What places should I avoid? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would be more than happy more than happy to return the favor when your in my area. :D

2. Kendall Lake in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park has a lot of bass in it. It is VERY weedy though... I have good success using either senkos or ZOOM Super Flukes twitched over the tops of the weeds. Lots of shore access, not to big of a lake, very easy to find and accessible.

Located on Truxell Road. From Northfield, take Rt 8 SOUTH to the 303 exit. GO STRAIGHT. Truxell Rd. is about a mile or two down, turn RIGHT. Lake is 3 miles down on the LEFT.

3. there is a lake called wallace lake in barea if your inerested i can give you dirctions

4. I have been to kendall once before, are any of the other ponds/lakes in the park any good? How about fishing on top of the weeds using frogs or some other type of weedless bait. Thanks for the info.

5. Yes I would be interested in directions, thanks alot.

6. Weedless frogs work great.

There are several lakes in the valley, Armington Pond, Horseshoe Pond, Indigo Lake...

Indigo is the least weedy, but toughest to fish...