Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone help with where to put my boat in .....geneva and conneaut...where do you think the best place to fish rite now.....? thanks too all that can help.....!

·
Registered
572 Posts
90 east to rt 534 turn left keep going you will see geneva state park on the left follow signs to boat launch - very nice free launch - or 90 east to rt 7 conneaut turn left (north) when you start getting into town follow signs to boat launch - fewer ramps than geneva and i think 5 bucks but always got in and out quickly. either place has walleye - i would get there early tho, fish seem to shut down around 10-11 lately

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,631 Posts
Fish seem to be more towards Bula and Conny right now. You may be a little better off out of Conny IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the help guys......any idea how far of a run to the fish onece i get to one of these ramps.......?

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,134 Posts
Nobody wants to help HUH? Ya I know,,, It's tough to start GREEN.
Here's the BASIC idea,,, (my opinion)
90% of the time, From Geneva to Conny State line, You can't go wrong by starting around 70fow,,, heading north, E or W to 72'.
Look for big marks, gobbs of baitfish, AND BIG BOATS (going in circles! ;))
We were in 72' a cupla weeks ago and marked fish for 6 straight miles!
Bummer though, only 2 stacks of fish were active, BACK-AT-THE-BEGINNING!

If your looking for perch, find the pack, if the gulls are flying close to the boats, FISH ON!!!
If they're sittin', wait'n,,, SO WILL YOU! :D
No marks= No fish (most-of-the-time)
Somedays, they'll be 100 boats in the pack at 47'-52' but the perch will be hittin at 31'-35'. Ya gotta keep looking.

Most of us just can't go fishing every week,,, to stay on the fish.
AND we would just HATE to toss $100-$150+ in the water, RIGHT?,,, so WOW does it feel good when someone helps us out and points us in the right direction.
If they, THE DAILY FISH POUNDERS, tell you where to go today,,, tomorrow, the fish won't be there, or they'll be turned off! Go figure

Just sit back & keep reading OGF and you'll start to put the picture together.
There is a handfull or two of GREAT GUYS on here that are very glad to help a 'NEWBEE' out. We're all still learning.
If you like, Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you my Google map with 5 years of HOT-SPOT-MARKS. They're really starting to pile up,,, interesting.

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,631 Posts
thanks for all the help guys......any idea how far of a run to the fish onece i get to one of these ramps.......?
Start in at least 72fow. The fish are pretty scatterd out there but it does seem that they are moving to the east pretty quickly. So I would troll northeast or east if possible.IMPORTANT...if you bang two or three in a short distance than mark those waypoints and make turns on them. Harness's have been working very well but watch for the junk fish! If you have no bait you can't catch any fish. Dipsy's and spoons/cranks should start to fire and may be the way to go if you keep cathing junk. Just look for the boat traffic and you'll have a starting point. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Nobody wants to help HUH? Ya I know,,, It's tough to start GREEN.
Here's the BASIC idea,,, (my opinion)
90% of the time, From Geneva to Conny State line, You can't go wrong by starting around 70fow,,, heading north, E or W to 72'.
Look for big marks, gobbs of baitfish, AND BIG BOATS (going in circles! ;))
We were in 72' a cupla weeks ago and marked fish for 6 straight miles!
Bummer though, only 2 stacks of fish were active, BACK-AT-THE-BEGINNING!

If your looking for perch, find the pack, if the gulls are flying close to the boats, FISH ON!!!
If they're sittin', wait'n,,, SO WILL YOU! :D
No marks= No fish (most-of-the-time)
Somedays, they'll be 100 boats in the pack at 47'-52' but the perch will be hittin at 31'-35'. Ya gotta keep looking.

Most of us just can't go fishing every week,,, to stay on the fish.
AND we would just HATE to toss $100-$150+ in the water, RIGHT?,,, so WOW does it feel good when someone helps us out and points us in the right direction.
If they, THE DAILY FISH POUNDERS, tell you where to go today,,, tomorrow, the fish won't be there, or they'll be turned off! Go figure

Just sit back & keep reading OGF and you'll start to put the picture together.
There is a handfull or two of GREAT GUYS on here that are very glad to help a 'NEWBEE' out. We're all still learning.
If you like, Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you my Google map with 5 years of HOT-SPOT-MARKS. They're really starting to pile up,,, interesting.
Doboy,
Very good information, now can you give me any info on a place to stay up in that area without me remortgaging my home again? I live almost 4 hours away so to be on the water early i will need to come up the night before.
Any help appreciated:D
Ron

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
fishinbula,
Thanks for the link
Ron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts