close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HELP!! Columbus/Circleville area guys??

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by BigChessie, Sep 9, 2005.

1. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Have tried 4 part stores,2 welding shops, TSC with no luck. Looking for a 5/32 Brazing rod and/or any 5/32 brass rods to make some shear pins. Will come pick them up anywhere close to Circleville or Columbus. Thanks!

2. Chessie ---- Give Airgas a call --- they should be of some help.

Location Search Results from Columbus Ohio

Distance: 8 miles
    Name: Airgas Great Lakes
    Phone: (614) 880-2471
    Fax: (614) 880-2473
    Address: 510 A East Wilson Bridge Road,
    Worthington, OH 43085
    Facility Type(s): Medical Branch
    Fill Plant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distance: 10 miles
    Phone: (614) 871-2292
    Fax: (614) 539-8962
    Address: 1699 Feddern Avenue,
    Grove City, OH 43123
    Facility Type(s): Branch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Distance: 46 miles
    Phone: (740) 773-2248
    Fax: (740) 775-2248
    Address: 22 Marietta Pike,
    Chillicothe, OH 45601
    Facility Type(s): Branch

3. BigChessie

Thanks I'll give them a call, I was just getting out the phone book to let my fingers do the walking. lol

4. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

did you check a hardware store and see what size a mower uses? They have one on most fly wheels and dont run much.

5. BigChessie

Viper1 I tried a couple and no such like, who would have thought it would be so tough to get a couple shear pins!

6. Boat builder

Boat builder Dan's Custom Boats

Have you tried Orihood Boat over at Pancoastburg that shear pin may be metric the one on my little 1.2 hp motor was until we drilled it out to 3/32 of an inch. You could open yours to 3/16 of an inch. Might be easier to find a 3/16 rod. You might check the Smoke Stack hobby shop in Lancaster they have different pieces of brass for hobby work. Just a thought.

7. BigChessie

Thanks Boatbuilder I will have to try both of them also.

8. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

does loews carryy any brass bolts like 1/4 -20 or smaller??

9. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

10. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

chess,i put a response on the other thread but i'll pass it along again.try quality craftsmen metals shop.their south of town right off 23 on the county airport road.also,there's a place north of chillicothe that deals in that kind of stuff.i had to go there for some torx head screws for my jeep.give me a day and i'll find their number for you and post it.i may even have some spare shear pins laying around that might work,i i do you can have them.

11. BigChessie

Thanks a ton Jeffmo!
    Viper1 Thanks for the link but looks like 6 bucks to ship a .90 product. lol Hate to have to do it but might just have too if I don't get one soon.