close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HELP aluminum plate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by exexec, Mar 20, 2005.

1. I need to get a pieve of aluminum plate about 1/4 inch thick cut to a triangular shape. Anyone know where near Akron???

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

There used to be a company on Gilchrist Rd. called the William F. Orr co. . They sold metals and could cut it for you but I don't know if they are still there. Any metals place should be able to do it though.

3. If u find a piece u can cut it with a carbibe blade. ;)

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

QuickServe in Kent can do anything with metal

5. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Unicorn welding on 261. You can either hit 261 off of Romig Rd, by Primos Deli, and go down about 3/4 mile on the right, or hit Collier Road by the Bunny, follow it till it ends into 261, take a right, and it's right there.

They've always helped me out in the past with cutting and welding of metal objects. They do a top notch job of welding aluminum, too.

6. I appreciate the info. Looks like 2-3 places to try!!!

7. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

exexec, I had some work done for my boat and the place was on top of the hill on Home Ave. On the right if yer going down towards Arlington. Small shop not real expensive. Drop me a pm for more details.

Al

8. I had a few special copper ground bus bars made for work a few years back at a shop over there off of Home Ave, just north of Tallmadge. My mapping program shows the place as:

Oconnor Steel & Supply Co (330-253-9101)