Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
saltwater sensei
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling in from Sri Lanka... Long story.

Last I left the forum I was on my way to Lake Tahoe and promised a fishing report.

Woke up hungover one morning and I was on the other side of the planet.

Not really, but interesting scenario, no?

Reason for this post is merely a shout out to those I owe correspondence to but haven't been able to respond to because of circumstance and difficulty connecting to off til now. Still difficult but at least I got through.

Don't have any gear here, but if I can buy, borrow or steal a setup ill try and come back with a good fish tale.

·
Just practicing my cast
4,689 Posts
Newb, how your hand ? kind of missed your post on here!!! when you get back lets do some more fishing. then make a po-boy lol

·
saltwater sensei
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
my previous post was on a borrowed iphone, left them with a little gift though, the ohub campfire app, so that should be fun. if you start seeing odd posts about indian ocean tributary rivers and delta and estuary fishing, you'll know it's my fault. :)

tonight i got a few moments to spare for OGF on another borrowed piece of tech, an old banged up laptop.

when i left i was just finally getting comfortable with ohio summer fishing. but now i'm gonna need some lessons on early fall tactics by the time i get back. expect more than a few posts from me at then.

i don't think my normal fishing method of wading up to my armpits in shorts and a tee with open toed sport sandals is gonna cut it in the cooling waters much longer as the season progresses. i'd hate to be limited to the banks and all those overhanging tree branches.

i was working on a hands free camera rig when i left. made it to film my outings, post here, and to get all the advice and insults as to why i was the skunk-king this summer. if my wife hasn't thrown all the pvc mockup frames i left lying around in the trash by now i'll be surprised. pretty sure it was all on the dining room table, on newspaper of course. but that pvc cement sure does stink.. we'll see. if i'm lucky she just rolled it all up and chucked it down the basement stairs. lol

i did nearly have a functional rig built before being called away though.

still hoping to be back in time for the mid-ohio meetup, but we'll see. can't seem to get a flight out of here 'til 9/5

the freshwater_newb is out

P.S.- if I can only get my hands on some salt gear over here, i'll show you some fish. seriously, one can still pull man-sized groupers off even the shallow water reefs. it's like the fla keys when i was a kid, but less pressured.
SOURCE: i lived here for 5 years not too long ago.

·
saltwater sensei
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just got back and am jet-lagged as hell.

Never got a chance to fish unfortunately, but here is a very boring video of dudes with machine guns and the indian ocean.

Seriously. It's terribly, terribly boring despite having both the indian ocean AND machine guns.

I kid you not about the 'it being boring bit'.

lower your volume before watching as the wind noise is annoying

[ame]http://youtu.be/E73UrbuS2Ow[/ame]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts