Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the board, but have been a central Ohio resident for my entire 36 years. I have fished on and off my entire life. I do not own a boat and have grown up fishing from the bank. I have mostly fished for catfish, but this year I have really gotten in to bass fishing. I also enjoy charter fishing in Lake Michigan for Salmon and Trout, as well as deep water fishing in southern Florida. I am married and a father of two, and have a M-F - 8-5, management job.

My experience in fishing is limited, but I have finally upgraded from the $25 rod & reel combo from Wal*Mart, to an actuall fishing outfit with multiple rod & reel combinations of quality equipment, including all terminal tackle and bait. I'm interested in checking out some amature tournaments, but do not have any tournament experience and again, I do not have a boat. I'm also interested in any open seats available here in central Ohio. I have fished Alum, Hoover, Buckeye Lake, Griggs, Darby Bend, the Scioto River, Antrim, and others. I would also be interested in a Lake Erie or Ohio River trip.

I'm excited to be a new member and I look forward to meeting fellow fishing enthusiasts and getting great tips and information on the central Ohio fishing community.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New season approaches, figured I would bump this up. Still looking to me some OGF members. I am looking to get a float this year, but have not done anything on that yet. Hope to see you out there, tight lines. :)

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Welcome to OGF! I would suggest that you look into joining a local fishing club. Most clubs welcome non boaters. A quick and easy way to make new fishing buddies plus pickup a vast knowledge of fishing facts and techniques.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts