close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hello from NC

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shortdrift, Sep 18, 2005.

1. I'm here in Wilmington, North Carolina. Have caught some spots and pompano in the surf but nothing of any size. There are large redfish being caught fron the intercostal waterway but I'm not about to part with $300 for a charter. Have also learned how to catch sand fleas and will try them for bait tomorrow.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Come on Ron part with some of that OLD money and enjoy yourself. Glad to see your enjoying it anyway. Give me a call when you get back and the Walleyes start! Have fun Buddy.

3. This has been an exceptional year in the gulf stream for billfish. By no means an economical trip, but if your inclined to hook a marlin, this year or maybe next year is the time.

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

take a seat on a makeup charter, that shouldn't be more that 150.

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sounds like a good time, better hurry home it's flathead season.

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

didn't take you long to wet a line :D
    you did dress the pompano for dinner,i hope.some of the best eating there is.even better than your beloved perch :D .if you catch more,and don't care to cook them,they do have dry ice somewhere there,and i'll gladly pay for the packing and delivery for 2 pounders and up :D

ps.............sand fleas=pompano for sure :D

7. spent all that money for gas and catch spots....oh well,we will save some spots for ya when ya come home....hope ya have a good time though............WONDER IF HE TOOK HIS PEE BOTTLE WITH HIM!!!! LONG DRIVE BACK TO GET IT!!

8. should talked to me first...lived in Wilmington for several years. Do yourself a favor and go downtown to Elijah's mid-afternoon and sit outside and order appetizers. The calamari and oysters rockefeller are the best i've ever eaten. also try the Fish House down by wrightsville beach - its to the right of the bridge - before you cross - on the sound. Also, take the boss on the carriage ride thru downtown in the evening - lots of shops to browze downtown.

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Those are some nice suggestions, MA. Makes me want to try some of that fresh seafood. ;)

10. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Best seafood in the carolina area is low-country seafood from murrels inlet down below Charleston, SC. Yeah buddy!