close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hell Yeah!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PoleSnatcher, Dec 14, 2004.

1. if your a Montgomery Gentry fan you know what I mean, If I offened anyone or violatd TOS, sorry.

Febuary 4th at the Schot Montgomery Gentry and Trace Adkins.

Seen Troy and Eddie with Hank back in July and they put on a awsome show

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Only thing that offended me, was your choice of music, and avatar :D :D

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

shake,if that offended you,how 'bout a little willie,waylon,johnny,merle,patsy,george,etc,etc. :p :D ;)
    i'll be sure to bring them all along if i ever get you in my boat :D

4. Mr. Nelson, Mr. Jeanings, Mr. Cash, Mr. Haggard, Ms. Cline, Mr. Jones, Mr. Williams Jr., Mr. Coe, and on and on and on and on.

I got the CD's and Beer, where's the party?

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

anytime,anywhere :D
    can't beat that lineup :cool:

6. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

just please don't shed your tears,..... in my freakin' beer..:D

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

... Slim Whitman!!

:D :D

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Now fellas...I didn't say I disliked all country music...just most of it :D

The Man in Black and Hank Jr. have both done time on my stereo ;) I just don't care for the ultra commercial stuff.

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

shake,i wouldn't know 90% of the newer "country" artists,but love the older ones.i identify much better with the 0ver 50 group :rolleyes: ;)

jim,gotta love the old yodelin' cowboy.what a voice :cool:
    i don't understand why he was so much popular in europe,than here :confused:

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Misfit, strange isn't it that he was more popular in Europe than here?

12. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i'm kinda suprised that nobody threw jerry jeff walker in here yet.great voice and songs.i saw him live years ago at a small place called the dell on parsons avenue.like any other kind of music there's some i like and some i don't except for rap,i just can't listen to it!kid rock is kind of like rap but i can listen to some of his stuff.
    now,where's my old mcguffey lane tape????

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I dont call most of the new country music country, but I do like the old stuff..How about Vern Gosden, anyone like him?

14. I like the music of Vern "The Voice" Gosdin. How bout a little "Set 'Em Up Joe"?

15. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

i only like two kinds of music, country and western.
    tim

16. Tee

Tee Team OGF

When I was younger my parents MADE me listen to country. Like Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, Box Car Willie...etc. etc. and I hated it. Still don't care for it. The ONLY thing that I did like back in those days was when my parents made me watch HEE-HAW. I love that show! Wish it were still around. :D :p

17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

vern gosden,yep.and don williams.conway,kenny,lorretta,tammy and my secret love.............................DOLLY(.)(.) :cool:

jeff,i can't seem to place jerry jeff walker.guess i gotta do a little research.maybe he's in one of the brain cealls i lost along the way :rolleyes: ;)

18. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

Hmmmmmmmmm......... No one has mentioned either of my two all time favorites, Faron Young and Ray Price............

19. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Vern Godsin...great voice.
    I have every record that Merle Haggard ever made.
    He is my all time favorite!
    Hell,I even like ole Lefty Frizzel and Johnny Horton
    Country music sure aint what it used to be.
    There are a few young artists today,but country music is way too commercialized.
    Your ability to make it is not so much based on yout talent,but how you look.
    If you arent a 25 year old hunk in tight jeans and a hat,you dont stand a chance.

20. traphunter

traphunter Guest

dont forget Paycheck!

Im obsessed with classic country and Bluegrass music. That new country music is more like pop music or something now, although Alan Jackson has some good songs. Kind of makes you worry about the future of country music. My all time favorite country singer would have to be Hank Sr.