Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bass Pro has this g2n unit for $499.97. For those looking for a starter, or a mapping unit. I believe this is a good price.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i got excited as i am in the market for this or very similar unit for mapping in the front of the boat. just went and checked and didnt find one. i saw a g3n mega DI for $600

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got excited as i am in the market for this or very similar unit for mapping in the front of the boat. just went and checked and didnt find one. i saw a g3n mega DI for $600
I have a flyer for black Friday week November 23/29th. It's a Monday only item. Not sure if it's in store only, even so,worth the drive to save $300. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I was looking at this as well...for the front of my boat. I have an older Hummingbird on the back...am wondering about possible interference between the two??

Or any other manufacturer's unit.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think there would be a problem. The best answer would be at bassboat central, bbc. There are plenty of people that can answer your questions. You may need to register, if you're not already. I believe several guys run different brands together. The biggest issues come from running your power cable next to the transducer cable. I run mine on opposite sides of the boat. An older humminbird shouldn't give you any problem.

·
Registered
723 Posts
just a heads up for anybody else that might be interested in buying this.... humminbird is releasing their version of livescope in march. it will not be compatible with g2's only g3's and g4's from my understanding. so if humminbird live view is a possibility you wont want a g2.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'm going to try to get there when they open and hopefully there will be one there to purchase. I had an online chat with a rep from Hummingbird. The side imaging shouldn't interfere with the older unit, and the DI as well unless I am in deeper water, giving the two cones a chance to cross.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck to you. Might be some campers. Hard to tell. But that is great deal.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'll have to give that a try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Take It from someone who’s been there, done that. Save your money and buy the biggest you can afford. A 7” on the bow when you’re standing over it is minuscule. You will constantly be bending over to look at it or zoom in. Yes, a 7” is not bad on the console, and I learned a lot about my local lake after buying one, but as a bow unit it was too small.

I was looking at this as well...for the front of my boat. I have an older Hummingbird on the back...am wondering about possible interference between the two??

Or any other manufacturer's unit.
Any unit that utilizes the same frequencies will cause interference. The units can’t tell which one sent the signal. That being said, I run three HB units, two 9s (console) and a 10 (bow and connected to the Mega 9 on the dash). All have chirp and each one will interfere with the others in 2D and sometimes DI (Mega units only with dedicated DI). But usually only in water over 30’. It also depends on the cone diameter. The smaller the cone, the deeper it will go before interference occurs. Haven’t had a problem with SI between bow and transom. Just my experience. YMMV.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All of the above is true. I'm putting my 7 a in the back of my boat, it will be right in front of me. My 9 is at the bow on the TM.
Where do you live? If you are close to Fishermen's Central, they can give you some good advice. Or even mount them for you, they are pro's at wiring, they do a lot of work on boats.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I went to Rossford Bass Pro last year on Black Friday to get a Helix 7 (Gen 1 closeout) for $299. There were a couple of hundred people in line in front of us, but as soon as they opened we hustled to the electronics counter and I got to purchase one. They are a great unit for the price. I use it on my 16 foot Crestliner Fishhawk and fish Lake Erie when it is calm enough to use it and not my big boat.
Not sure how the crowds will be this year, but they had plenty of units last year.

Crestliner Fish finders 2020.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts