heating question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by alan farver, Mar 5, 2008.

1. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

we have a bard gas furnace.the problem we are having is the furnace and blower will come on and run for a while then the fan will kick off but the burner stays on.when the burner gets hot enough to trip the limit switch the fan will come back on.i have some knowledge of furnaces and i have replaced the main board anyone have any idea what could cause this?thanks for the help.we just run the fan all the time and this is working but i don't like the fan running non stop

2. how old is the unit..........do you know if its a pilot lite or a newer glow type with kinda like jet burners ........mid

3. alan farver

it is about 12yrs old and it is electronic ignition.no pilot light

4. My fiancee is a heating & a/c guy and he says that on the right hand side of the furnace should be a clear box and it has wires going in it. He thinks it sounds like it is that box. He said not to mess with wires, a new box just plugs in. It should be around $20.00. You will need to get it at a plumbing supply house. The little box controls a bunch of crap. He has replaced it on a few Bard's, it seemed to do something with the blower. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

5. alan farver

is that what they call an ice cube block if it is it does'nt have one it is electronc ignition.it has a control board that pretty much controls everything and i replaced that board already.thanks

6. You are better off letting your fan run 24/7. Less wear on motor, lower operating cost. Costs more to start fan then leave it run. Plus.. Your house should (If it's build using modern Ohio codes) be more comfortable & furnace/ A/C will not kick on as frequently. It's said 1 out of 4 or 5 times that your furnace kicks on there is enough heat in house it's just up near the ceiling while you are near the floor. If the fan is mixing the air then the furnace or A/C won't run as often. Some houses this does not work on so try it for yours. You should get that furnace fixed. My 2 cents, something I learned 28 years in the business.

Fisherball

7. alan farver

i have the fan running all the time.i had a heating guy look at it and he can not figure it out.was hoping someone might have ran into this problem before