close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

headlands long wall sat. afternoon

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by hardwaterfan, Sep 20, 2008.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

ill be there from about noon to 4 or 5, if you see me chat me up. i will have a blue backpack on. it looks like it will be a nice day to fish. i still have yet to catch my first. seen a couple caught already towards cleveland.

2. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

3. George, I just missed you. Let me know how you do. I got one today, but it was real early about 7:30. Only saw one other one caught. Pretty slow for such a nice day.

I got one yesterday afternoon, too.

4. hardwaterfan

i agree, no one was doing much. i did see a few caught though. tons of boat traffic and jet skis. i was talking to this guy about being careful at the end of the wall due to the jet skis. sure enough not 20-30 minutes later he gets spooled by some girls on a ski.

i was there from about 12 to 5, i got two hits. one at 2pm on the channel side. i saw it run towards the wall but i lost it pretty quick. i dont think it was hooked very good to begin with. then at 4pm i had a hit on the lake side. felt like a frieght train hit my line, what a blast!! great battle, here it is my first of the season. it was about 25". i tried my super-secret steelhead catching crankbait but they werent interested. i had both hits come from spoons. some other guys had luck with jigs.

Attached Files:

5. Nice looking fish George.

6. nice fish! can't wait to get out after them!

7. nice job....i tolled some spoons on mini-dipsi s out in front of the wall across from the lighthouse....nothing....

steely123

8. hardwaterfan

thanks guys, good luck to you too!

hey steely, i yelled over at ya a few times to see if you were catchin. (i think that might have been you)

9. Looks like it is time to get the game face on. :D