close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Heading to the Rocky tomorrow morning 10-OCT-08

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Carpman, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Any and all suggestions needed for catching some steel out of the Rocky tomorrow morning. Looking to start at the marina, then put the waders on....

I am going to try and bring every bait to throw that them. I will probably start with some minnows to bounce, then go to some jigs/maggots. I also have some trout spoons (kastmasters/cleo's) to throw.

The guage hieght looks really good for today and tomorrow, I think, still learning? I am hoping the rain we had yesterday will get some of them biting.

If you have suggestions, please say something, as I am a very new steelhead fisherman.

Also, if you have any other suggestions other than the Rocky, please suggest another river. I was also possibly looking at going to the Grand, but the Rocky is closer to my house.

Thanks in advance

2. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

A Lot more fish out east right now. Good luck where ever you decide!

3. yea, think I am going to the grand, they are producing better numbers over there! Thanks.

Any good places to try, just PM me, I have no idea where I am going?

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Bigdaddy300 and I trolled the river and the mouth of the Rocky for 4 hours last night with nothing to show for it, except another story to tell the guys at work!

5. BigDaddy300

I see how it is you $@#%*&^.:D

6. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

all the holes on the grand have been heavy pounded and water is real low and clearing, i had to work hard to get the fish i did out of the grand today.

7. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

do i have to ground you to from each other. LOL;)

8. BigDaddy300

Ground him he started it!:D

9. Well, I have decided to hit the rocky instead of the grand tomorrow, there is about a 30 min difference in driving time. Hopefully everything falls into place around 7am.......I am coming an arsenal of gear, so should get something!

PS: Does anyone know where to get live minnows around 7am up at the rocky marina, or near by? Thanks!

10. That will work bobinstow, hitting the road now, will report when I get back!

11. Alright, didn't get any this morning. The bite was real slow and the river looks down. Tried everything in my box. Kind of combat fishing this morning down there though. Saw one hookup and caught while I was there, fishing the marina!

I will wait until later next month to go back up, I don't think the fish are in the river yet!

12. I'll be up there this weekend - first time for steelies. We will probably do the Rocky. Where are better spots this time of year? Would we do better closer to the Lake?

13. fin....I saw one caught from the marina on a spoon, that's it. You better hope for rain in between now and then, or you will probably be skunked like I!