close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

heading to the rock

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by williamonica0214, Jun 6, 2007.

1. I am heading to the rock as soon as i leave work in about 10 minutes in search of my frist smallie. I will post results

2. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Good luck, I found a few smaller fish in the fast water as of late.
    But it seems the big ones have gone back to the lake.
    O well, I caught lots of big ones! :D

3. was there only about a half hour got out of work late. I got one small rock bass

4. matthew101074

matthew101074 One more cast then Ill go

I think the Rocky has suffered the most of all the rivers I fish because we have not had a good flood yet. I have had no problems catching good number and size of fish in the chagrin and cuyahoga but the rocky has been really slow so far this year. Even my best spots haven't got me a decent fish so far.I have noticed alot of carp and gar down there this year.

5. matthew101074

ok, disregard that last statement, I caught a 15" and a 20" smallmouth today in the rocky. I had to go in shoulder deep to get the big one out, I forgot how fun those things are when they get that size. Looks like the smallmouth spawn must be just about over.

6. I hit it again today around 2:30 for an hour and nothing man i want to get a smallie bad

7. matthew101074

After catching those 2 yesterday, I will probably head back over there later today. I had my best luck yesterday evening between 6-8 so I'll go grab some crayfish upstream early and then head down to fish around 4. This time I'll bring a camera so I can get a pic if I catch one like that again, it weighed more than any smallie I caught all last year(about 4 lbs). Not bad for the first week in june, last year I wasn't catching them until mid july.