close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

heading to mosquito

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CurtisLowe, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Me and a friend were thinking about hitting either Mosquito or Berlin next Tuesday, wondered if it would be worth it yet. My brother in law does good at Berlin (big eyes) so I was wondering if the bite is on yet. Also wondering if the lakes are high due to all the rain last week. I like Mosquito but there are so many cats it has been hard for me to get walleye. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Gee thanks, with all replies I got I don't know if Ill have time to fish. :D

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

the best i can tell you is the lakes are high, but that would be obvious due to the constant rain all year. as for walleye, no one has been reporting any at all.

4. we are goinig to camp and fish out there this weekend. im going to take the boat. iv fished from shore behind the camp site once. whats some good spots to try from my boat? for bass and or walleye or crappie.

thanks
    j

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I heard the causeway has been good for the crappie at night.

6. I caught a 17 1'2, 18 1/2 and a 24" Walleye at Berlin a few weekends ago. The bite was pretty good right at daylight and then died down just as quickly. Try fishing points and around the railroad bridge. Cast Vib-E's to shore and jig them back.

7. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

The last two weekends I was out at Mosquito tryin for the Flatheads at the causeway. They have been gettin slab Crappies most all of the night with minnies and a bobber. I will bet they will be lined up again this weekend.

I'll be down at the Ohio lookin fer the Flatheads even though they are gettin nice bait at Mosquito ;) .

<><Baitkiller><>

8. Thanks guys. I think I'll try Berlin, my father in law caught some nice 'eyes there earlier in the year. I figure with the cooler nights they should be heading into the shallow water. Never been to Berlin but I think that is where I'll go. Good luck to anyone on the water.

9. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

I fished squito today. I got 20 keeper crappies, 9 to 13"s, 7 gills, and 1 eye that went 19"s. Not a bad day. Only my second eye this year. I'll go back next weekend and try again.

10. Curtis, how did it go at Berlin? I was out there for about 1 1/2hrs today and got 2 channel cats, 1 crappie and 1, 5" walleye! No keeper walleyes but I got a late start late morning and didn't have a lot of time.