close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Heading to Mosquito tomorrow

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bapenn, Apr 14, 2008.

1. I am heading to mosquito tomorrow morning and probably going back Wednsday also. I'll let everyone know how I do. I am going to try for walleye during the day and then switch over to crappies later on in the day. I hope the warmer weather wakes them up tomorrow.

2. ....They are saying it is going to warm up fast this week....Should kick the fish in the A---....and turn them on...I hope I plan on getting out this week...Keep us posted...
    :) ...GOOD FISHING GUY

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

I'm also headed out 2day in a little while i'll keep you posted on the crappie bite! Bottom bites are getting more numerous so i might try that for a while and see what happens! Probably goin 2 the causeway!

4. Bapenn, If you can stay till dark- don't rule out the rocky points for walleye!
    My best times have been last hour of light trolling shallow on the wind blown side... good luck.

5. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Bapenn......well, I hope that one or the other will turn on for you during the day.....Give us a post and let us know how you did......Thanks and good fishin..........Jon Sr.

6. Not a good day out there yesterday. A few hit but nothing to get excited about. I am heading back in a few minutes to try again. I did see a bunch of people wading and saw a guy pull in a couple walleyes on the north end. Seems like the north end is the warmest at aroung 54-56 degrees. I am going to stay until dark. If anyone going out sees a white center console stop a say hello. I'll post how I did when I get back.

7. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Let us know, as I was gonna venture out to either Mosquito or Milton this weekend, and your good or bad report may make a difference in where I go!

8. Fished it Wedsnday again. And it was much better. Picked up two eyes drifting the north end in the stumps about 11-13ft of water at midday. One was on a crawler harness with gold blade and the other on a firetiger vibee. They didn't play around when they hit neither. The one that hit the vibee slammed it. Then later on about an hour before dark we took the boat to the causeway and anchored where no one was shore fishing and picked up about 7 nice keeper crappies. The crappies sure pick up toward dark.

9. A few of us are heading to the causeway tomorrow to see how the crappie are doing. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and glad to be a part of the site.

10. was out at mosquito the past two days was everywhere on the lake for crappie even tried wading for walleye at night out of the state park not a bit all day but did catch a bunch on little bluegill, anyone know when the crappie will start coming into the bays?

11. when I was up there 4/16 the people on the causeway were pulling slabs up one right after the other. That's why I stuck my boat where no one could shore fish along the causeway and caught about 7 keepers in less than 45min. I also caught them on a twister tail too. But mostly with a minow and slip bober. This was on the north side with a south wind. Good luck. Get there early because the people were stacked up on thay causeway like cord wood.

12. Mosquito Causeway is banging, Me and my nephew went out on 4/17 and brought home 19 crappie 7 were 12 inches or longer. Using bobber and minnow, We go out around 9:30 and they start hitting around 10:30 and go till about 3:00 am we fish around 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep. Let us know if you had any luck.

13. Mosquito Causeway is banging, Me and my nephew went out on 4/17 and brought home 19 crappie 7 were 12 inches or longer. Using bobber and minnow, We go out around 9:30 and they start hitting around 10:30 and go till about 3:00 am we fish around 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep. Let us know if you had any luck. :B