close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Heading to lake nipissing

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by wally72, Aug 25, 2004.

1. wally72

wally72 wally72

A buddy and I had to cancel a trip earlier this year because of a death in my family and we finally got everything together to go up this sat. I didn't know if it was going to work or not because I hurt my knee, but the Doc gave me the O K today. I have never been up this late before so it should be interesting. Has anyone heard any reports from nipissing this year. I will let you know how we did when I get back. I hope the weather isn't to bad, I know it's been different in this part of Ohio this year.

2. If you want to check with some plain folks who do plenty of fishing on Nippissing you can definitely do so at this site.

www.ontariofishing.net

Go to the message forum and you should be able to find info currently posted for Nippissing and if you set up a profile you can ask a few questions. They are a pretty good group of guys. I frequent that site every year before my trip to Ontario. I have never gone to Nippissing before but by the sound of it I would sure like to.

We usually go up in ealry to mid-August and it can be a bit tougher fishing at during this time because of the hot days. The middle of the days seem to shut down quite a bit in my experience. Good luck to you and I look forward to seeing your post on how you did.

3. GREENFISH77

GREENFISH77 Team BAss Xtreme

I went to Nippissing this past June/July and had a blast. This was my first time fishing in Canada as well. When we got there I guess they had a huge mayfly hatch and it really messed some of the fishing up. We went in there thinking we were just gonna tear em up and it didnt happen right away. We had to work to get most of em. Caught alot of pike trolling minnow plugs and casting spoons and topwaters. Most of them were in the bays from 4-10' of water around vegetation. Walleye action was excellent when you found em. We fished mostly in the French River area. Let me know if you need more info.