Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out to my dads friend pond. Supposively there are some big cat fish, but we slaughter bass , blue gill and have caught a few crappie. We use mostly minnows, and artifical. My favorite artifical bait is the worm with three or 2 hooks, dont know what its called but it works!

Hope i do good, its suppose to be nice thursday, friday and all weekend i believe. Think i will do great, bet them bass are hungry! canti wait

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hope you do well to brother. I hope to get out this weekend depends on my son, he's only 3 months and has been poopy the last couple days so I definetly can't leave him alone with momma all day. :). I will most likely hit up some creek mouths off the Ohio this weekend. I spent about 2 hours yesterday cleaning up the cat equipment and setting up all my other gear. Might throw a couple rods out see if the cats are biting and try and catch some White Bass or Sauger in the meantime. That pond you described sounds like a pond I used to fish in. Had cats galore it seemed like every 2-3 minutes we were getting a 2-3lb channel. Its funny the people that own the pond strictly use it for dinner. It gets fished maybe 3 times a year the catfish during the summer sit on the top of the water like carp at Americana. Just throw some dogfood out and watch em' go nuts. But...good luck this weekend make sure to post pics.

Jake

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, the lake hasnt been fished and only me and my dad fish in it. THe owner is older and doesnt fish it as much as he use to. Last year in about june i caught a 4lb , 2ft long bass! THe biggest bass i had ever caught. Im hopeing to catch some decent cats too. Cant wait!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts