Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Finally going to try and get out for the first time this season, will be heading out of edgewater after work around 5pm I've been trying to read all the reports, not much on edgewater are but did see the dreaded black fly mentioned in there. We have a the Sauers spray.. but we still manage to bit with that also.

So if anyone would be so kind to share on info on how Edgewater is looking this week.. did the high hear slow them down mid week? We will most likely be trolling but seems like people have been doing OK casting also.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Dipsys and spoons were good yesterday. 50’ with 3 set at 70-80 back. I do well with bandits in skinny water but not so much in 45’ and beyond.
How are you running them. Snap weight. Inline boards?
BB

·
June 3rd 2023 the next date
10,872 Posts
Hello all,

Finally going to try and get out for the first time this season, will be heading out of edgewater after work around 5pm I've been trying to read all the reports, not much on edgewater are but did see the dreaded black fly mentioned in there. We have a the Sauers spray.. but we still manage to bit with that also.

So if anyone would be so kind to share on info on how Edgewater is looking this week.. did the high hear slow them down mid week? We will most likely be trolling but seems like people have been doing OK casting also.

Thanks!!
50 /50 DAWN AND WATER SPRAY ON LEGS EVERY 45 MINUTES OR SO

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dipsys and spoons were good yesterday. 50’ with 3 set at 70-80 back. I do well with bandits in skinny water but not so much in 45’ and beyond.
How are you running them. Snap weight. Inline boards?
BB
Good to hear! We run dipseys and spoons. I'll be sure to report back how we did after tonight!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Pick up a bug spray with Picaridin. Sawyer Picaridin worked best, but I don't think Walmart carries it anymore. Regardless, with Picaridin, no need to reapply so frequently. One spray should cover you for as long as it takes.

It looks like Rural King & Cabelas carries the aerosol version, not sure if there's any stores around you.

·
Johnny tsunami
4,271 Posts
I hate spraying stuff on my skin. I got fishing skins and the breathable pants and i never get bit. Probably going to run spoons and dipseys later as well. We were running bandits 120 back last week and did good. Got a 4 man limit in 3 hrs 🤷‍♂️. But im sure they are going deeper now so spoons will be the ticket

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Compression socks and/or light pants are your best defense against the ankle biters. Keeping the interior of your boat free from fish slime and blood also helps...a lot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cousin got 3 man ticket this morning 56 ft of water dipseys with spoons and harness. Seems to be a better grade of fish out deeper. He went out of Edgewater.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pick up a bug spray with Picaridin. Sawyer Picaridin worked best, but I don't think Walmart carries it anymore. Regardless, with Picaridin, no need to reapply so frequently. One spray should cover you for as long as it takes.

It looks like Rural King & Cabelas carries the aerosol version, not sure if there's any stores around you.
Fin, feather and fur carry it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts