Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going up Erie I think out of Caney Creek (near David Besse PWR Plant) for some Eye's. Normally I target the other species in the water BASS but not this weekend. Heading out with some friends just curious if anyone has been catching them anywhere out in that area? Should we expect to head out near the Canadian Line? Thanks:B

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Plan on heading out between West and Middle Sister about 13-15 miles out if you are going by west sister. If you are putting in at Davis Bessie area I would give A and B Can a try before heading all the way out. Plus the fish were 2-3 miles west of Green and rattlesnake this past weekend. That isn't that far of a run from davies. I haven't been out since sunday though.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
i will be out there tomorrow and sunday working the area west of green and rattlesnake unless i hear of another bite elsewhere that is better than that one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Heading up sunday, but don't know where yet. B-can area or west of rattlesnake and green area. Heard of fish caught on the line too, but dont want to run to far. (17 ft boat). Haven't had this many options in years. Drift fishing only here boys, I'll keep my eyes open and watch reports!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
After talking to Dave at the Happy Hooker yesterday I'm going to pass on this weekend as the best bite seems to be from Middle Sister to F-can on the border.Here is one tip for the weekend,since there are still fish everywhere but they are well fed on the mayflies if you find some biting fish DON'T LEAVE THEM until you quit getting bit.Then try and find another active pod of fish.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Here is one tip for the weekend,since there are still fish everywhere but they are well fed on the mayflies if you find some biting fish DON'T LEAVE THEM until you quit getting bit.Then try and find another active pod of fish.
Agreed, that's one of the easiest mistakes to make.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Report of my weekend.
-Saturday we fished 2 to 3 miles northeast of West Sister Island and trolled heading back and fourth to and from the island. Had our limit by 1:00pm.

-Sunday Started in the same area but only picked up a few eye's. Head more East and found some fish ended up with 24 eyes from day break to about 5pm all trolling.

-Monday just never located much of anything. Fished til 1pm and had 11 eyes all trolling.

We caught roughly 20 keeper perch each day trolling. The mayflies were pretty heavy starting Friday evening and continued threw the weekend. Monday the bugs out on the water were horrible( black flies and a huge hatch of the little green things) plus had nearly zero wind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts