close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

heading down to the hoga (cascade) 6-19

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by coachfozz, Jun 20, 2007.

1. coachfozz

coachfozz The Economical Bass Fisherman

Going down there tonight around 6:30 to fish for some smallies if anyone wants to join me. I will have green shorts and a red shirt on if anyone wants to come down.

Will post picts when I get back.

Sorry I meant 6-20, I am not going back in a time machine :)

2. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

Where On The Cuyahoga Are You Gonna Be Fishing? I Might Join You

3. coachfozz

sorry I didn't see your message. I put cascade in the title to say what part. It didn't matter. Only hooked into one fish and lost it. None of my normal holes were doing well today. I am going to Florida friday so maybe we can hit a few spots when I get back.

4. yeah I hit it today too, but didnt see ya. I was hiking through the dried up river beds that go through the woods. Had a few bites but nothing earthshattering. I had the black ramones shirt on with a black hat. Maybe I'll see ya around sometime

5. I guess everyone was out today. I was there from 2:30-7ish at the oxbow area.

I got 3 smallies and a slew of rock bass.

6. I went pike hunting at...fuller park or something like that in kent. Pretty much just the south end and got a small smally and a few rock bass. That was it. Saw a HUGEEEEEEEEE catfish swim by my foot that scared the crap out of me. Wish I would of tried gunning for that today, never catfished before but after seeing that i'm definitely interested.

7. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

could of been a carp that you saw a lot hang out on the shoreline and there are a ton in there...

8. coachfozz

Hey what spots do people hit? Are you upstream from the bridge or downstream. I usually go downstream because I park at the ballfields. Is there parking at the chuckery that is close to the river?

9. If I go to the Chuckery I park at the farthest lot and walk up and down.

If I go to Oxbow I just walk down. If you walk up, you'll hit where the Chuckery ends and cant go no further.

10. yeah both parking lots are pretty close to the river at the chuckery. So far I have only fished below the bridge. On monday I fished the back side of the ball fields in a narrow deep section and pulled out a nice 15" smallmouth. I parked at the first parking lot in the chuckery and took the path past the Indian Signal tree and followed that towards the river.

11. coachfozz

ok thanks, I saw a few people going down with fishing poles when I was playing pick-up football at the soccer fields. that is why I was wondering how far it is.