close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Headed to Tanners Friday

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Cat~n~Crappie, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Looks as though me and my fishing partner will be making our way to Tanners Friday morning, hunting for some monster Blues... and the possible cold weathered flattie...

Anyone still getting shad up in Tanners? And anyone know of anyone selling any skippies? We only have 2 skips left, but willing to buy some if we can come across any...

Good luck to anyone that makes it out this holiday weekend and have a great Turkey Day!!

Cat~n~Crappie

2. Shad are still in Tanners Creek, the problem sometimes is finding the larger ones. They seem to be moving a lot and aren't always in the same place two days in a row. Depending on the weather try both shallow and deep.

You might try Fehrman's for frozen skipjacks but they are probably a waste of money. Lately the fish have been biting fresh shad much better than frozen skipjack.

3. Thanks Ken...

I wont waste my money this weekend on any skips then, just hope I can find some shad at Tanners... I am getting up early in the morning to try CC for some Shad, put them on Ice and hope they stay fresh...

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Hoped you dressed warm....wind chill in the mid-20's.......brrrrrrrrrr....
    I was considering if we were up in the 40's, etc. Hope you catch a few.

5. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Hope you do well C&C, post and let us know...........Doc

6. Three of us tried all day.Fished at least 8 spots and my son got 2 sheepheads.Shad where nowhere to be found.Lucky i had some from thursday.Will try again sunday.Cold front must have them shut down.Water is 52.If you find them you will be in for a treat.