close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Headed to Alum today

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Feb 27, 2005.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Headed out with the boat in an hour or so. Gonna meet up with Sowbelly and Nickadams on the water. Gonna be a bit chilly :D

Hopefully, we have something to report, but the realist in me isn't holding my breath.

2. catking

catking Banned

Good luck to you guys !! Hey, say "hey" to PigBelly and Adam for me ;) .DA KING !!!

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

good luck doooods... i may head out there if it warms up a little..

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

good luck.oughta be a good time to work the deep water with the vibes :cool:

5. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

i saw ya running south on 71 around little before 4 pm. You couldn't have stayed out too long. I couldn't miss the fish and ski with the OGF sticker and OH Angler licence plates.

6. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Saw ya out there, but you left before I could swing around to say hi. Oh well, if your day was anything like mine it was cold and fishless. I didn't end up getting in the water until about 2:30. Right about the time the sun went away :eek: That guy runnin' up and down the lake had to have been freezing.

7. crappielooker

if its anytime i want pleasure boaters on alum, its now.. all that noise should drive the fish closer towards shore.. thats my theory anyways.. :eek:
    did you guys mark any fish anywhere on the lake?? whats the temps in the cove/main lake??..
    thanks maaan..

8. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

didnt catch a thing today but atleast we got out. marked alot of fish but couldnt get them to hit..

9. ShakeDown

same here. Marked em (40 feet), but that wind made it really difficult to keep things vertical. We were only out for a few hours (buddy had to drive home to Cleveland), but it felt GOOD to put the boat on local water again :D

Water temps were 34-36.

10. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Glad to see that you got out despite the cold temps . Hope ya had fun .

11. Hey there Phil and everyone.
    Sure wish I had the guts to put in today too. All I did was housework. Man am I tired.

Now I have to run a load to Cleveland tonight and can't go to the meeting at the wings place. WOW!!! Has it been a year already?

See ya all soon on the water I guess.

12. crappielooker

anyone know if alum main lake have frozen back up ?? kinda wants to fish it sometime in the near future..
    thanks..

13. The main lake is open. Shove ice in the east bays. Skim ice directly in front of the spillway. New Galena ramp looks launchable. As usual, we can't have mild weather without paying a price....wind is out of the WSW at 25 gusting to 35+.

14. crappielooker

thank you terry.. :) the wind is kickin here in downtown too..

15. ShakeDown - Was you crappie fishing? If so did you try any fishing in the 8ft to 10ft range? The reason I ask is because the Black Crappie move into the shallower water a lot sooner than the White Crappie. I have caught some reall nice Black Crappie around this time at Alum. I was out working on my boat this past weekend and finally have it ready to head out on the water.

16. ShakeDown

J...we were out for those ice out eyes, lookin DEEP :D

You gonna fish our Del tourney?

17. ShakeDown - Yes I will be there. Sending the entry form in next week.