close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Headed over to kokosing lake with the 5th graders today!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish4Fun, May 27, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

My 11yr old and all the 5th graders are going on a Dare program fishing outing this morning at kokosing res. I will post some pics and stuff tonight when get home from work.

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Fish,

Man, that sounds like fun! Hopefully the lake isn't out of it's banks. LOL. I camp there all the time. Great place to fish, and great campground!

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Was a good time and the kids caught some blue gills on cane polls. I have to give Deputy Statlor(I will check spelling) A big tumb's up. He used to be a conservation officer and is now the Dare officer. He used to just do a Dare graduation for the kids and dicided that it would be more fun if they had a Fishing day instead. He is big into the outdoors and a great guy. He pays for all the bait and most all of the equipment himself because he is the only dare officer who does it and they won't reimburse him. A great guy who is concerened about our kids and trys to help. I will post some pic's later or tomorrow.

4. Sounds like a great program. I know the Akron PD has a "take a kid fishing" event every year at the FOP Lodge's lake. GREAT time. There should be more programs like this, you know? I think I may send a letter to several police department's DARE programs to let them know how much fun they can be. Thanks for sharing with us.

Carl

5. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

"Headed over to kokosing lake with the 5th graders today! "

Michael Jackson sponsors a fishing tournament?!?!:eek: