Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 11yr old and all the 5th graders are going on a Dare program fishing outing this morning at kokosing res. I will post some pics and stuff tonight when get home from work.

·
Relaxing.
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was a good time and the kids caught some blue gills on cane polls. I have to give Deputy Statlor(I will check spelling) A big tumb's up. He used to be a conservation officer and is now the Dare officer. He used to just do a Dare graduation for the kids and dicided that it would be more fun if they had a Fishing day instead. He is big into the outdoors and a great guy. He pays for all the bait and most all of the equipment himself because he is the only dare officer who does it and they won't reimburse him. A great guy who is concerened about our kids and trys to help. I will post some pic's later or tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Sounds like a great program. I know the Akron PD has a "take a kid fishing" event every year at the FOP Lodge's lake. GREAT time. There should be more programs like this, you know? I think I may send a letter to several police department's DARE programs to let them know how much fun they can be. Thanks for sharing with us.

Carl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts