Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about taking a trip out on one of the Port Clinton head boats. Has anyone done this? How did you do?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mac, I was out on one a few years ago and it wasnt a bad time. I now have my own boat so I have no need to go out. I went out on one of the boats from Fishermans Wharf. Good people and alot of knowledge. I only caught one and I think that only two or three other people out of 15-20 caught fish. (The first mate did get his limit though.) They also have a good bait shop and decent prices. Dress warm since it will be alot colder out there. Good luck if you go.

·
Banned
544 Posts
........and quite reasonable ($30-35 bucks)....Shore-Nuff (sp) charters outta Port Clinton has several head boats & run morning & afternoon shifts.
if u want to catch fish u need to be in the very back of the boat, preferably. second choice would be in the very front....remember that. get to the launch early too. they might board u by first come, first seated basis.
i know people that fish head boats every weekend....actually pretty cost effective over owning/running your own boat.....everything considered.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I made it out with the warf earlier, the fishing still has not peaked but I did manage 12 walleyes. From what I experienced and saw, I would go with the Warf hands down. We ran all over searching for fish. Sassy Sal was also moving around and gettin fish from what I heard. What I didnt understand was why the Drawbridge boat set up with in 2 miles(just off the moose area) and never left. They came in with less than 25 fish for the whole boat! I know gas prices are on the rise but they at least have to try to get you on fish.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I went out with Fisherman's Wharf twice last year and had a great time. The day we went walleye fishing wasn't the best (cold front went through), but there were fish caught, we went home with 3. I know for a fact limits were caught the day before and after we went (go figure?!) We went out perching with them and was about 5 fish shy of a two man limit. I would recomend them-good location, good bait shop, and knowledgeable crew. $35 for 7 hours on the lake is a good deal.

·
'eye addict
478 Posts
I've been out a couple of times with Fisherman's Wharf and once with Shore-Nuf. Had a good time and caught a couple of fish each time I went for walleye. Like others have said, the price is very reasonable for what you get. I hope to go at least a couple times this year.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've always had good luck with Sassy Sal. They have always been very friendly and put us on fish. Good luck!

Wanna go sometime this summer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts