Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with my son Friday from Fishermans Warf on a sold out charter, fished NW of Kelleys. All of the fish were in the mud and I mean on the bottom. We threw the whole tackle box at-em every color harness and erie derie. The whole boat was slow only picking up 6-8 fish per drift ( 30 people). We were skunked until around 11am , so we got creative.
I put on a 3oz bottom bouncer attached 6ft of mono w a #6 gold colorado blade in front of a lime 1/4 jug w- a stinger ( yes it was ugly and un-conventional but we were desperate) and BAM there the fish were!! My son and I salvaged our trip and ended up with 9 total fish 20 to 24 inches in the final 2 hours with the most embarrasing set-up on the lake.

If your headed out soon and the pattern doesn't change you need to drag the mud.
PS- Pass on the braided line if your going to try this goofy set-up , I almost snapped my rod when I got snagged.;)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I was on your boat fishing the on the bow. You guys were tearing them up back there. I got 5 but it took a long time. How about the 28.5 incher that was caught.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts