Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take my Dad up to get a on a head boat in a week or two. I have read some of the reports already and it looks like Fisherman's Wharf is t he way to go. I have a couple of questions for those of you who have been out before.

How do you know if they plan to fish for walleye or perch? Does it vary?

What do I need to bring other then a pole and some money? Do they supply bait or is it up to me to supply? If it is up to me, is it customary to use live or artificial?

Do they clean and package the fish when you are done?

Any other info I may need but did not ask is appreciated.

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,614 Posts
I have not fished on a headboat on Erie, but I have down in Florida. I know the things vary from boat to boat. If you are planning on going out on the Fishermans wharf, looke up their website and under the FAQ section they should answer all your questions. If not just give them a call. They will tell you everything you need to know.

I would imagine though that a lot of them fish for perch, and I am sure walleye are caught as well. You will probably be using minnows or jigs.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked out their website, but did not find any answers.

Maybe I will PM Rogue if he is the man to ask, thanks for the heads up.

4,760 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
The party fishing boats that go after perch in spring/summer are Tibbels on Marblehead and Wildwood Park Marina on Cleveland's East Side and The Holiday on the Cuyahoga River. The others focus on walleye in summer. Here's the contact info:

The Holiday, docked at Scranton/Carter Rds. near Flats fire station, 216-991-FISH (3474) Elliot Weintraub; Wayne Brattan
Wildwood Marina, Cleveland Lakefront State Park, Cleveland. 216-481-5771.
Tibbels Marina and Charter Service, 6965 E. Harbor Rd., Marblehead, O. 419-734-1143.
Shore Nuf Charters at Drawbridge Marina, 247 Lakeshore Dr., Port Clinton, O. 419-734-9999.
Fisherman's Wharf Charter Boats, 83 N. Madison St., Port Clinton, O. 419-734-0488. www.wecatchfish.com
Sassy Sal Charters, 40 Jefferson St., Port Clinton, O. 419-732-7755. www.sassysalcharters.com

·
Take a Dad fishing
364 Posts
Just went out yesterday with Fishermans Wharf and Capt Jeremy on the 3:00 PM boat. Had about 20 people. Did OK. Biggest walleye was 23.5 inches and I don't know the final number but we had 30 some keepers. A lot better than last month when the entire boat had 7 fish. Was a great day to be out.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info, I will be contacting them to ask more and make some plans. Can't wait to try it out, never been on a headboat before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts