close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

he doctor and cj brown

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Mar 29, 2005.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

after being up most of the night,i drove over to the brown,and met up with doc at the ramp,for a few hours of cattin,
    first stop was the bait shop(marina)for some fish food.didn't take long to get more than we needed,so we headed up the lake and anchored up.
    the fish weren't very aggressive,but cooperative.i think doc has a holding pen out there,cause once things got going,he whooped my butt brand new,LOL.
    he must have caught close to 20 to my 2 :eek:
    my excuse(other than his holding pen) ;) for the beating i took is that i don't think i had quite as many bites as him.we also,both managed to lose a few.
    no bigguns today,but doc took "big fish" honors with a 5+ pounder,plus a 4+.
    the rest were 1-3 pounds.we pulled out about 11:00,and doc insisted on making a quick stop to net some bait for to bring home.
    he tossed the net and got a nice bunch,but thinking it wouldn't last me a year,he had to make one more toss.now i have eneough for a lifetime,LOL.
    in that one throw,he filled a 5 gallon bucket almost to the top,and still had that many in the net.should seen him trying to lift them,lol.
    then came the only real misadventure of the day.while trying to dump them back in the water,half of them ended up on the floor of LYNN's boat :eek:
    what a mess.
    but not as bad as when the bucket fell off my tailgate in the garage :rolleyes: :D
    thanks,doc,for a great day on the water,and the extra effort to send me home with some bait.it was a joy fishing with you.

ps..............i'll post a couple pics later,if they turned out.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

lost the fish pics :rolleyes:
    but here's doc landing a bushel of shad :D
    [​IMG]

3. itroll2

itroll2 fishin IS heaven on earth

hey Misfit, just how muddy was the brown, and are ramps in yet. thanks nadvance & good fishing.

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey rick..at least doc let ya catch a few of his pet cats..heh heh :D
    good to see you guys kept the misadventure to the minimum.. :p
    good report rick!!

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

itroll,
    the docks aren't in yet,but launching isn't too bad.might be a little work for one,but with two,it's a breeze.the north end had muddy water flowing from the creek,but most of the lake looks good.

hey ak,where were you?good thing we didn't need rescued,as i didn't see you on the bank anywhere :D

6. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Had a great time Rick, thanks for coming over and joining me, I don't think Lynn has seen the boat yet, maybe I can get it cleaned up before she takes a peek at it:eek: there was better than a couple hundred Shad laying on the front deck of the boat, scales everywhere.

CJ has cooled back down from the rain, it was at 43 degrees, we caught or I should say I caught most of the fish below a float in 2 foot of water, I think I have them trained pretty good out there each time Rick would reach for his rod they would let go of the bobber, and when he put it back in the holder they would take it under, got very comical watching Rick walk back to his seat only to get up again and reach for the rod and watch the bobber pop back up.

We had a great time, the mud line is very distinct back in the North end, most people think the creek runs from the North and goes straight up the middle to the center of the lake, but today it was great seeing it's actual pattern as it goes across the front of Goose Island and runs right up the bank along the east side by the campgrounds and cuts around the corner then heads towards the dam.

I even got my safety inspection completed today also, good to go for 2005

Thanks again Rick for coming over, next time I'll talk the fish into being kinder to ya.....:D

7. I cant wait till my boat is out of the shop, I've got to get in to some of this cat action. I took it over sunday but they dont work on sun or mon and they looked liked they had quite a bit of work set up for them so I doubt its done by this weekend. hmmm..... given up a day of crappie fishin to catch some cats..... what to do what to do ????????????????????

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

WOW THAT IS AMAZING! Never seen a net that full before!

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

lol,me neither,fishman.but there's a lot more in there than you can see in the pic :eek:
    i thought i was gonna have to help him get it in the boat :D