HCA Iron Mace

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Gobi Muncher, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Anyone on the board shooting one of these? Looking to replace my stolen bow and my buddy deals High Country and although I didn't shoot it yet, I drew one of these, a Stiletto 380, and the Sidewinder Pro. I kind of took a liking to the Iron Mace and have to go back and shoot it, but just curious if anyone here has / shot one and get a few thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. Gobi Muncher

Picked this up yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! Super Quiet, Super Smooth and Super Fast, even with my 30" 2512 XX78's. Have a couple of pics (took them for insurance purposes now that I have had one stolen). Anyway, I plan to cause much bloodshed with this new best friend.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Thats sweet!! Can I ask what you paid? I've been thinking of that bow myself, but we don't have any dealers in my area. Hows the draw cycle and the back wall like? Congrats on the new toy.;) :)

4. Gobi Muncher

FishPro,
    The bare bow was $649, so depending on what accessories you add makes the difference. If you already have a bow to transfer the access. from, makes it really reasonable. I really like this bow over the others that I had shot (Mathews Switchback, Diamond Black Ice, Tech Hunter (Gander series that Diamond makes), Rytera BulletX, Fred Bear Truth). Compared to the others, it is smoother and definitely faster. I am not really into the speed thing since you aren't ever going to shoot faster than the speed of sound, but this is noticibly faster than my Martin that I had set at 75 lbs. The noise is hard to judge when you are the shooter, but bystanders are telling me how quiet it is (both at the shop and back home). The pull starts out a little stiff, but follows through ultra smooth and has an excellent wall. I am pulling 72 lbs. @ 29.5" draw. The shot is smooth with no bow jump. I am used to the wrist sling and when I first started shooting it the other night there wasn't one on it. I didn't even notice it because the shot was so smooth.
    A friend of mine is a dealer in Lima. His shop is Milan's Bait and Archery. I believe he is the only HCA dealer in the area and I promise you that you will be treated right and his prices are lower than anywhere I have been (for anything). I know that he currently has 2 of the Iron Mace left, 1- 50-60 lb and 1- 60-70 lb. Also has the Stilletto 380 and a few of the Evotech bows. Another point is that I know for a fact that you won't leave that shop without that bow shooting as perfect as it possibly can. I know he is my friend, but I have sat there plenty of times watching him spend several hours with a person making sure they are totally satisfied with their bow. I have a couple of friends that are thinking of getting one as well. They have seen me shoot it and pulled it back and are just as impressed as I am. Of course it is a new bow so the "excitement" is still there, but I definitely would have gotten this over the Martin if they were out last year when I bought one.
    Tell ya what, if you are interested give him a shout. His name is Mick and phone is 419-221-0672 and tell him that Dill gave you the info. He will hook you up!!!! Once it cools down I hope to see what this baby will do to a specimen of "Speedy Beef"!!!! Sorry about the book, but that is just how excited I am about this baby!!!!

5. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Thanks for the info. Right now I'm shooting an Allegiance and an Old Glory, and the O.G. is about to be replaced. I have been looking at the Iron Mace for quite a while now, and from what you have told me, I might have to take a drive down to Lima this weekend.:D

6. Gobi Muncher

Don't do it, you won't come back empty handed!!:D Anyway, if you decide to head down there, give him a call and give him draw length / weight you desire and he'll probably have it ready to shoot for ya when you arrive. I think that you'd definitely like it!!!!
    if you go, may see you there if my two buddies want to go check 'em out as well.