Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Launching a 100 boats at the start of the Tourney out of the "V" is going to be interesting.....

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Launching a 100 boats at the start of the Tourney out of the "V" is going to be interesting.....
Very very interesting to say the least...!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
If it is semi good conditions it won't be bad, just have everyone in line out the river and have control start boat release evryone from their point via VHF. This way works great as the rules meeting can be done over the VHF riding down the river to the lake.

I like the fact it is out of the V and not huron. It seems that every year the main bite is on bar and the run from Vermilion is alot easier than the 20 plus miles from huron.

Scott

·
Premium Member
10,892 Posts
There are multiple ramps for launching everyone. We will be running flights again this year, at least two maybe three.

We'll make sure it works well.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
love the new location!! but where will everyone stay??? closest i can think of is amherst...or i think across from daves old store...sounds like the maling for some UGLY D.U.I potentials!!! :( or is there a place right there like plantation???

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can't wait.The best tournament,I have ever fished.Can anyone give me a number for a campground in Vermillion,preferably on the water if there is one?Also would like to look into short term dockage. Thanks,Steve

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
that should be a blast.... I love hawgfest!!!.. either way... its gonna be fun... there quite a few camp grounds... worst case.... isnt there any cheap motels around there .. someting seedy???LOL

Frank

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are a couple of small motel in vermilion and a Holiday in on RT60. As het said Plantaton is only a short drive away.
I don't have any rooms but you can sleep in the back yard.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
having been to the fest before 10 miles might as well be 50!!!!!!!!!;) :p

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
The plantation will still be home base guys. Lots of rooms and LOTS OF FUN-- as we all know. :D :D It will only take about 15 minutes to get to the hawg Fest from the Plantation. Reserve your rooms in advance. I'd guess it will be filling up fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts