close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hawgfest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by misfit, Sep 28, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thanks to the gang for putting on the shindig.good job,good food and a nice spot(except for the chilly north wind) :rolleyes:
    great stuff in the raffles and 50/50.
    the only problem i had was with the short round guy in charge of parking.aside from generally harrassing me,he tried to charge me $25 to park :eek: ;)
    oh,and the other old gray mustached guy with him,who tried to pull an insurance scam on me by jumping in front of my car ;)
    oh,and shakedown forgot to wash and iron my shirt before i got there :mad:
    saturday was a bust for fishing.with the rough water,toad and i only subjected the wives to a couple hours of torture before going to the plantation.
    sunday was a different story.still rough going with 3-4 footers,but we made the 10 mile run to the sandbar and perched outside the pack till we ran out of bait.we managed to bring back about 110 fish,with the the women taking the biggest,with a couple in the 12 inch range.i think my wife(bonnie)just edged out deb for big fish honors with this one.

Attached Files:

2. Nice perch! It was pretty bumpy out there. We got perch on the headboat, but they were pretty small. Still, taste GREAT!

Glad you had fun. Nice to see you again Rick.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Thanks Rick. I hope you had as much fun as we did putting it on. I still can't figure how your wife got stuck with you ;) Thanks for making the trip.

4. Since you wouldn't pay the parking fee, I decided to witness the bruised toes that my parking partner received when you swerved to miss the speed bump in the driveway. :p :rolleyes: Pay me now or pay us later. :rolleyes: :D :D

5. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Yeah come to think of it Shortdrift was trying to get hit by my car. Man you just cant count on them old people. LOL ... On the good side though Shortdrift I did not chum the water. I was only asked by just about everyone Im sure you had nothing to do with it :D but hopefully you seen the nice walleye I did catch. Im waiting on our next trip so I can get over being your personal chummer :D

Misfit we all know you brought Bonnie and Deb for the simple fact that they out fish you two lol. Of course we wont bring Toads name into this because there isnt many people around who cant outfish him :D

Dale ... I had a great time harassin ya. We need to get togeather a little more often. Its pretty rare that I see my wanna be dad. LOL

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I'm just glad that I didn't cause you any problems, or did I? :D

- Rumi

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

dale,she did it to herself,but now she can't figure out how or why she did it either :rolleyes: ;)
    good to see you all again.
    ruminator,you must have been hiding.how'd i miss you? :confused:
    as for you ron,i'll pay you the next time i come up to fish :D

8. Does anyone know how many charter boats (professionals) placed in the money??? Seems to me maybe two divisions would have been better.

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

From what I remember, most of the money teams were not charters. One division worked out well, and I don't see that changing for next year.

10. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

exexec,

Only one charter fininshed in the money and that's because he was chartered by a group that wanted to fish the tourney. He didn't enter on his own accord, rather the group entered him.

It was a very fair, evenly distributed tourney.

Did you fish it? Where you there? I don't remember seeing you, but it was very busy all day, I could have missed you.

Kim

11. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Hey, wait a minute! Are you guys telling me that It didn't cost $25 to park at the Hawgfest??? Shortdrift, I think we need to talk buddy! :D Hey, it was a pleasure meeting you, ShortDrift. And, I really do appreciate the tip about using the 1/8 oz. Rapala/#4 hook combo...it worked out pretty good. :D

12. Sorry I was not there. I had my personal reasons for not fishing. I won't post here publickly, but who should I address with my concerns-that may help get more people to fish, NOT start a contraversy.

13. The winner was a group of 4 that had 2 captains on board. I thought that the whole payout was well represented with 4 and 6 rod teams. A few professional tournament anglers fished and as far as I know none placed in the money. WBSA has some ideas for a circuit next year with the same format as it seems to be what draws on Erie.

We are however looking into a way to incororate a 2 man team division into it. They say you can't please everyone but we are going to try! Stay tuned.

Exexec: If you have concerns or ideas I'd really like to hear them. You can PM me here or email at:

marc@ezmarc.net

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

what does my original post about attending the "hogfest"(not the tourny) and my perch fishing report have to do with your "personal" interest in the financial aspects of the tourney?not a thing,as far as i'm concerned.you questioned the financial business of the site previously and have since,repeated it in two more threads,including this one.i suggest if you have such an interest in the workings of everything,you put it in a new thread,or better yet,take it up with the "team" via private conversation.
    this thread has nothing to do with the tourney,but i'll say that i didn't fish it,due to the fact that i knew i would be at a disadvantage fishing against people much more experienced and better equipped on the lake than myself.i am assuming maybe that's at least partially why you didn't fish it.i knew the odds in advance and based my choice on that knowledge.therefore,i have no reason nor right to question who fished it or the dispersion of funds.since you opted to not fish the tourny,i don't understand your need to be so concerned.i wouldn't have even responded if you'd made a seperate post or used pm's,but since you turned my post in a completely different direction,i felt compelled to jump in.if you have anything else to say that doesn't pertain to the original subject,please do it as i suggested,or feel free to pm me if you feel the need.

15. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Exexec - I'm your man. I've already sent you a PM.

16. Misfit I didn't mean to horn in your territory-so here is my public apology I hope thats nuff said On the rest of the stuff my question has been answered-nuff said there too

17. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Looks like I missed another great event. I wish it wasn't so far.

18. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

HUH?
    How could you be at a disadvantage when you was with the great toad????
    We had a great time at the outing and did just what we had planned, and that was to load up on perch and eat as much hog as we could and still be able to walk. I think the wifes had a good time execpt for maybe the bumpy 10 mile ride out to the perch.

It was good to meet a few new faces, Tritonbill, Pipliner, reel man & reel lady, and of course Bigmanfishing. Also good to see shortdrift and of course the catking again.
    I for one appreciate the work that was put into this outing and my hats off to all involved ..... good to see shortdrift pick up a few bucks parking cars. (and the raffle prizes were great too.)

19. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

exactly my point :rolleyes: :D
    maybe we should have entered.the women might have carried us through,since they did most of the catching anyway :rolleyes: :D

20. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Guys, please, let it go. Just let it go. We've talked this over via phone and PM, go back to the subject line.