close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hawgfest camping info

Discussion in 'Vermilion Hawg Fest' started by eyecrazy, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Does anyone know how the river is from Riverview campground to the mouth? Is it as bad as the Huron River? I do not want to go thru that mess again.It looks to be a pretty good ways to the mouth on the map.Any other campgrounds in the area? Thanks,Steve

2. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

I can take my 17 lund up there. Not sure what size of boat you have. You should be okay. Not sure I would call that place a camp grounds. They call them self a RV park. I is the last marina on the river. Next time I got free time in the boat I will run up there and check the depths for you. I will pm you.

3. Thanks Tubuzz,I will probably be in a 18 footer.I don't want to get into a mess like I did last year on the Huron river. I would really appreciate the info. Steve

4. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

Vermilion River isn't nearly as wide as Huron River , but hopefully the launch setup they're preparing for this year will be more successful than in past years!!!:confused:

5. I am more worried about navigating the river.Last year I ran aground on my way up the Huron river to the campground we stayed at.I do not want to camp there(Rivers Edge) if it is like the Huron-LONG SLOW boatride. Steve

6. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

Anyone not familiar with the Huron River south of Huron Lagoons can be in for a rude awakening!! You pretty much have to follow the bouys, and or know the area well. There are some big boats that travel through that same area with no problems, so it sounds to me like you may have travelled a little off course.:confused:

7. LOL. I ventured way off course:D . I made the mistake of coming back in at night & my "trail" was gone from my GPS. Turned right,when I should have turned left.Is the Vermillion river the same way? Thanks,Steve

8. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

I'm not sure how far upstream you can go in the Vermilion River. Not sure either if there's any campgrounds that are accessable from the river.

9. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

If you go past river edge you will be in trouble, but the river is not that wide that you get into trouble. You will not have a problem.

10. Thanks Tubuzz. Appreciate the info. Steve