Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Buying another used truck this week , I'll assume they will only sell me one plate , other than that ,my other 4 vehicles that already have a front plate will remain the same......I see no reason to remove it , ( unless it now illegal to have it ?)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My wife's Edge hasn't had a front plate since we bought it in 2013 and I just bought a used 2016 F-150 and there isn't a mount for a front plate anyway.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Here's a hypothetical scenario. Two lane road....kidnapper with small child heading north.....LEO heading south....vehicle matches description of suspect's car.....LEO can't get a read on the plate because there is none. If LEO had the license number they could get an automatic confirmation. If having a front plate saves one child's life it's worth it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Agree, not sure what taking it off does for anyone? More aerodynamic? Better Gas Mileage? Doubt it. I don't buy a vehicle wondering what it'll look like with a Plate on it.

And Police saving innocent kids lives? We are defunding the police any ways right? We don' t need em!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Carp53.65
4,235 Posts
My 2012 F150 that I bought used did not have a license plate bracket when I bought it. When I saw the price to get a new one I decided to not purchase one. Otherwise I would just leave it on.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The ones that have something to hide will take them off the fastest (if they had them anyway) and cover the rear ones with the smoke covers.

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,802 Posts
Here's a hypothetical scenario. Two lane road....kidnapper with small child heading north.....LEO heading south....vehicle matches description of suspect's car.....LEO can't get a read on the plate because there is none. If LEO had the license number they could get an automatic confirmation. If having a front plate saves one child's life it's worth it.
Exactly! You can't explain some things to people that won't ever understand :confused:

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'll probably leave mine on my truck but my car is a small two seat roadster that wasn't designed for a front plate. The front plate partially blocks my radiator, so off it comes, haven't had any overheating, but nothing ruins a engine faster than overheating!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts