close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Have you ever heard of these guys?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fugarwi7, Jun 21, 2007.

1. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

I was referred to a canvas top maker called Herbco Canvas Co. near Sugar Creek. They are amish and I was told they do very good work for a very fair price. Anybody heard of them or used their services? Thanks for your response.

2. Hatchetman

Hatchetman Senior Member

The name of the company is Erbco Custom Covers. His name is Leroy Erb, the only Amishman in the world I think with a first name of Leroy. He does excellent work. I've had about a half dozen made and have sent or taken a couple dozen others to him and haven't heard a complaint yet. Call his voice message box at 1-330-852-1445 and leave a message and he'll call you back. He can't have a phone so he uses this. Don't just take the boat without an appointment as it may sit for week's beforew he can get to it. Does quality work and doesn't rip you off. He'll make whatever you want....Pete

3. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Thanks for the response Pete and giving me the actual company nameI was having a hard time hearing due to the subtle twang...I already have an appointment set up with him...I heard a good word and your comments mirror what I heard...I got a quote from another top maker for around $3500 and Leroy quoted me less than $600 for a similar design, with a few minor changes...but not $3000 worth!!! His low price concerned me but I still made an arrangement to go with him. He was really nice on the phone and I feel a lot better about this from your comments.

Thanks again