close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

have you been checked yet

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by basscatcher89, Feb 14, 2005.

1. basscatcher89

basscatcher89 basscatcher89

has any one else been checked for a fishing lisence yet. well i have and I was only 15 at the time and it was at paint creek and these guys wanted me to be illeagle or somthing they were like a pair of hound on the sent of a still pheasent. they were out to get me.

2. catking

catking Banned

I've only been checked once in 30 years in Ohio . But with the increase in prices, I'm sure they will be out in force in the future....... THE CATKING !!!

3. Got checked 2 times in my life, once when I was 12 and once when I was 18. Neither time I had a liscense :eek: . The latter was while fishing hard water on 3 January. Licenses were on the calender year in WI at the time. DOH!

4. I was checked 3 times in one summer I think it was 98 at Lake Logan I was night fishing all three times. And I've had my hunting licens checked 2 times one was during dove season out by Rushville , Ohio and the other was out in the same area but on state land. So I've had my fair share and yes I had my licenses every time one time was by a sheriff duputy when a lady called and reported us cause she didn't know her uncle gave us permision to hunt his land. Later All. P.s. I think hocking is one of the counties that checks the most around this area. Unless you are out on Buckeye lake but I'm friend with the Rangers up there since I use to be a fire fighter in Millersport. Pays to have friends in them type of fields.

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

2-times in 30 years

6. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I was checked twice in South Carolina while fishing on Santee Cooper Reservoir but I can't remember having been checked in Ohio.

7. 4 times in ohio fishing and 1 time hunting
    one of the times i was checked at eagel creek and i wasent even fishing but i showed them anyway so he would leave me alone the next day

8. Ranger stopped and checked me and all my 20 yr old buddies last year. Have yet to even see a ranger anywhere else.

9. Never checked in 22 years in Ohio! Twice at Dale Hollow and three times at Cumberland, and once at Fontana in North Carolina(the only time I ever fished there!)

10. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

when i lived in MN i never got checked i fished lakes and the mississippi river these lakes aren't payed lakes

11. 20 yrs fishing never checked ohio

mi 5 yrs fishing never checked

ny 6 yrs fishing never checked

pa 6 yrs fishing never checked

12. i'ved been checked twice for fishing and once for hunting licence in my 56 years. baby bass :) :) :)

13. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I have been checked 6 times that I can remember. Last year was my 1st year fishing in Indiana (Tanners Creek). I fished there twice and got checked once.

I have been checked most up at Lake Erie and at the Maumee River.

14. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i must have been checked by every officer at alum.. multiples of times this past 2 years.. :)

15. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

Out of 38 years fishing I have been checked once in Ohio at Ft. Loramie in 2000 and once in Kentucky at Corinth in 2002

16. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

I think I have been checked once or twice in the last few years here in Ohio. One was at CC spillway about 3 years back and the other was I think at Cowan. I got checked fishing out in Montana last summer, I guess it made buying the expensive one day license worthwhile!

17. Six times fishing and three hunting in Ohio. One time in Canada, one time Pennsylvania.

18. Yes I've been checked. As a matter of fact it was 3 times in 2 weeks by the same game warden on the same stretch of creek I fish all the time. At the time it kind of aggravated me but I guess he was doing his job and that's what we pay them to do!!!!! By the way that was in N. W. Ohio. That was probably 10 years ago. Like I said none of us like to be checked but that is their job and it's what we pay them to do!

19. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

I usually get checked 3-4 times a year. Once 4 times in a year by the same guy, ya think he'd remember the vehicle. Anyway, I guess it is good cuz if he is asking me then he is asking others and doing his job.

bill

20. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Checked three times, twice at O'shay Spillway