Have Video Games/Consoles Past Me By?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, Jun 8, 2008.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Okay, 1st off, I'm 31 years old. That's not too old for some here but way older than others. I bought an XBox 360 from OGF mbr Flathunter a month or so ago for the kids. They've played it, but tonight was the 1st time I've touched it. I went out and bought Lego Star Wars and Rainbow Six Vegas (1 not 2). We've also got a Wii, I will sometimes plays the bowling and boxing, but not much else. Anyway... back in teh day I loved Rainbow Six. This was back on PC's w/ P133's or so. So, we might be talking 12 or 13 years ago. Well I put in this Rainbow Six Vegas and I can get 3 minutes into the game w/ out getting wacked. It was horrible! My 9 year old can do a little better. I'm thinking that maybe I've just been passed up by the new games or consoles. I was hoping there were even some "God Mode" Cheats just so I could get fimilar but nope none......

Am I just a looser or what? :confused:

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Dude I'm a game-a-holic severely honestly. Some games don't do anything for me, while games that I can play with my friends, require team work suck me right in. Crazy as it sounds, I personally find video games one of the best ways to completely zone out and just relax for a bit - my old lady tries to hold conversation with me while I'm playing and it's laughable at best :D

Starcraft 2 will be released this year, and will be undoubtably cause the death of my social life for at least a month.

3. Hey Mellon stick to fishing.Its a new game each time out.;)

4. try gamefaqs.com

5. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I'm 32 and.....I used to be pretty good at and enjoyed video games. As soon as the remotes started gettting 20 different buttons and each one did something different I lost interest. The games on the old NES used to fun and very simple, now it's just too much work!

I have the Wii also and love it! I think Nintendo brought "simple back" with this invention. 3 buttons is all the Wii remote has and I enjoy playing it! If you haven't checked out Mario Kart for the Wii yet you're seriously missing out on one of the greatest games ever! Go buy it if it's within your budget, you won't be sorry!

6. ive been playing xbox now for about 5 years now, i dont play much in summer, but in the winter i play quite a bit. the AI in the games nowadays is so much more advanced now than it was 12 years ago, the best plan for the rainbow series or even any clancy series games is to use your team and watch your back they will spawn behind u and then ur had lol. i do most of my playing on line with live if anyone else does pm me and we will hook up.

7. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

i have a 360 and i have a bad habit of playing one game until i beat it, all of the halo games took me one day each rainbow six 2 days, i dont think i will ever be able to give video games up

8. I played Rainbow Six on on Playstation a few years ago and it's just not an easy game!!!! Death comes early and often!!!!! I don't play the game consoles anymore. I'm pretty much just playing COD UO and COD4 online via the PC. Like Parmabass, I can't handle the controllers too well anymore. The mouse and keyboard are much easier, and more responsive! Oh, I'm 42, and still love those games on line! My wife just doesn't get it!

9. marsh

marsh atwood amateur

Rainbow Six is a bit more realistic than some other shooters.If you take a couple of direct hits its over. Use the cover, coordinate with your teammates (you can make them go first into rooms to help clear), there are ways to look around corners without exposing yourself to the enemy.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I think I'm going to get another account on City of Heros (COH). My wife and I used to love that game. Does anyone else play COH? (might be a new post)

Parma, your right, it's like hold LB, LH, X, Y, A, B duck and cover and shoot all at the same time!!!! I like the old days of: A, B, C, left and right!

11. I still got my atari 2600 Space invaders any one?

12. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I must have quit playing video games at about your age which must have been about the time you were born.:rolleyes: :eek:

13. i agree with parma also. all those stupid buttons are confusing it ticks me off. i love my wii. its easy to use. and i still rock my old school nintendo. i just use my ps2 as a dvd player.

14. I'm a big classic gaming fan. I do most of my gaming on an Atari 2600, Coleco ColecoVision, and a Magnavox Odyssey 2. The new games can't touch the classics, in my opinion. I get bored 15 minutes into anything modern and graphically astounding.

15. techmo bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    techmo superbowl!!!!!!!!!
    i'll crush all life with my niners

16. i still play tecmo bowl. giants was my team. and i still play double dribble. and i gotta send out some love for the coleco vision that ruled.