close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Have the Brown's hired their GM?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Row v. Wade, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Report: Phil Savage Named New Cleveland Browns GM
    provided by sportstalkCLEVELAND.com

Sources have indicated to sportstalkCLEVELAND.com and Sports Talk 850 WKNR that Baltimore Ravens' Asst. GM Phil Savage has been hired by the Cleveland Browns to be their new General Manager.

Please stay tuned to Sports Talk 850 WKNR and sportstalkCLEVELAND.com for more on this breaking story as it develops.

The Pittsburgh Steelers assistant head coach Russ Grimm is interviewing for the Brown's HC position.......Come on Randy Lerner, Git R Done

2. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

It's official......There's a Raven in Cleveland now!

Gene

3. Last news I heard was his agent was on his way to Cleveland tonight to work out the contract details. As of yet, I've heard nothing saying the agent was actually in town yet. Other than that the news is they have reached an agreement in principal and now just have to dot the i's and cross the t's with the agent.

Barry

4. I heard from a very reliable source just before I left work that Savage had agreed to a contract. His agent has been here all day working out a deal. As for Grimm, I dunno, and really don't care. :D I'm just happy they got a GM, and somebody I think will turn out to be a really good talent evaluator. If we get that, then I could probably coach and get 'em to the Super Bowl. :D Talk about a rollercoaster ride, I've gone from just about accepting the fact that the Browns are gonna be the Browns to actually getting excited about this offseason and the following season to come. I know we all do the same thing each year for our lifetimes but I think this has been the very first "right step" in the right direction since they've been back. Now, all we gotta do is figure out a way to unload "The Quiet Storm", and "Big Dog" or whatever Gerard Warren is calling himself these days, without too much of a hit on the salary cap, get some value oriented draft picks, hold on to the crybaby from San Francisco till we figure out what kind of offense we're really gonna have, pick up a few free agents, hopefully in the offensive and defensive line areas, and the draft that is, and I just might get over the Cardiac Kids, The Drive, The Fumble, Marty, Billy and the original Browns leaving, and whatever you wanna call these past 5 years. :D

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I just read a rumor where they are going to offe Robeski the offensive cordinators job????..Man I hope not!

6. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Just say NO to Robo!