Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Punched 2 tickets in skinny water off east of Avon. 11 of 12 came on hatchets (color didn't matter), with Gulp! Alive pumpkin seed colored leeches. I had 6 dozen nightcrawlers, but I couldn't even get a board out before the white bass/white perch/sheephead ganked it, tried the Gulp! out of frustration. Still got about 10 sheeps, but not nearly as bad as last week. One was a 13 pound garbage can lid. Biggest eye was 8lbs, lost a double digit eye at the boat...was using the back-up net which was way too small, but the Beckman had a 12lb channel cat in it at the time. Crazy day, but fun. We ran out of Gulp! leeches so I tried a Yamamoto 6-inch cutworm, dipped in the Alive juice. We nabbed a big fat white perch on that one.

Hatchets were run on the #1 tadpoles, 30 feet back. The pig we lost was on a Cranberry Crusher (I think) reefrunner, the garbage can lid and the channel cat were on a perch colored Renosky. 75 back. The cranks took HUGE fish today. Never seen anything like it.

·
STX 206 Viper
1,873 Posts
What are "hatchets"?
They're a type of spinner blade. Kinda hatchet shaped.

Nice job Commodore, those junk fish have really been bad, especially in tight.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
You da man...!;)

·
nka Dead Sexy
239 Posts
Nice job on those fish! we ran out of crawlers saturday and used yellow rubber worms, caught 5 eyes on them and only one sheep, it may not work all the time but it sure is great when it does! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts