Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give some input about Crystal Fireline? Is it really transparent? I've tried the smoke, but I really want to use some in clear water presentations.

·
Master of Nothing
936 Posts
You cannot see it as well as the "smoked" color. It is somewhat transparent in the water but it is still best to use a mono or flurocarbon leader.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
I doesn't seem to transparent to me. I have on my Lake Erie Perch rods and have no complaints so far.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
I used it ice fishing this year and it holds up better in the cold weather than the mono, doesn't kink up. The perch didn't seem to mind it through the ice either.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I used it on my jigging rod for jigging the Erie reefs. I liked it. It disappeared under water. I still tied on an 8' leader of flourocarbon.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
maybe it is less visible under certain conditions, but I think its way way to visible to ever tie directly to baits in clear water. It just looks white in shallow clear water. I think your better off with smoke.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I used it ice fishing this year up at Presque Isle in clear water, and I agree, you can see it a little in shallow water, but once you were down 10 ft or so, you couldn't see it with the camera. It was completely invisible. Granted it was 2 lb diameter, but the camera never picked it up, and it picks up some fine stuff.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I hate to say it, and being a diehard fireline guy, I think that it is costing me bites. I have went back to trilene mono, and my bites and catches are up. I still use fireline, but limit its use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts