close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Has anyone ever tried using a power minnow on saugeye or walleye?

Discussion in 'Walleye & Saugeye Discussions' started by midoh39, Jul 5, 2005.

1. midoh39

midoh39 member

Has anybody ever caught some thing on them?

2. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

I don't see any reason why they would not work, assuming you put the bait where the fish are. Last year I caught a nice eye using a "gummy worm". Yes I do mean the chewy candy "gummy worm" It was a char./yellow worm.. :)

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

wayne,the candy man :D
    you give new meaning to the term "eye candy" :D ;)

4. Grumpy

Hey Rick. I was chewing on a few gummy worms myself. Thought they felt like a plastic bait, smelled sweet, figured why not give it a try! Took me about 10 min. before the eye hit it. Showed it to Joe Wolf and I'm not sure he believed me when I told him what it hit. Come to think of it, I have another batch ripening in the candy jar right now. May just take a few with me next time out!! ;)

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i remember thatdeal.who'da thunk? :D
    i think i'll put those on the shopping list for the wife's next trip to krogers.don't know if she'll go for it tough,as she refuses to pay 5 bucks for a bag of shrimp to be fed to the catfish :rolleyes:

6. Grumpy

You need to work that shrimp program. Tell her to get a bag so you can have "Surf n Turf". Cook up a steak, two of the shrimp, save the rest for the cats. :)

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

only problem with that,is she always buys cooked shrimp :rolleyes:
    she does not understand the concept that you don't cook precooked,ready to eat shrimp :rolleyes: :confused:
    damned hard headed hillbilly ;)

8. Grumpy

That's o.k. Leave those cooked shrimp out in the sun for awhile and they will get right in a hurry. Just be sure to wash your hands after you bait up.. :D I do mine with a little Purell. Started using Purell as a result of a comment my Dr. son-in-law made... :D :D

9. Gummy worms?? I guess if the fishin's slow you could snack on them. They sure taste better than Canadian Night Crawlers. Do you think the sour ones would work better/worse than just plain gummy worms. I think I might have to try these too. Even if they don't work for the fish they will be mighty tasty for me. :D