close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Has anyone ever thought about a OGF Poker Tourney?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 16, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Anyone ever given this a thought.

It's legal as all $ stays in house.

2. dnm

dnm

I love playing poker! Are you thinking Hold em?

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

A hold em' tourney would be awesome, I think we should do it. Maybe go through an online poker game?

4. dnm

dnm

online poker might not work. Some of the sites scramble similar ips so that people who are close do not play in the same room. The only sight I know you can do it is on yahoo, but it stinks!

5. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

empire poker is what i use, it is free.

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I was trying to put together a weekly game at my house last fall, until I learned how much it was going to cost me to fix my bathroom in the basement. :eek: If anyone wants to host a game here in the Columbus area on an on-going basis, I am game. If there's enough interest here in the Columbus area for a one-time event, I have the room to host, just let me know. I'd like to get together about a 30 person no-limit tourney on a Saturday evening, and can host it. $50 buy-in, pay the first 3 places, it'd be nice if there's enough that are interested.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

That sounds like a blast. But I'm poor! How about a $20 buy in! Would there be a way to put x% towards OGF? It would be nice to see OGF benefit from it somehow. It'd be nice to maybe have a couple hats made up & give them away to the top finishers. COuld this be something that we could have at the next OGF event?

8. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

As long as I didnt have to drive to far from Logan & we have a few more people in it, Count me in for sure. :D

9. sounds great! I would probably travel up to an hour or so from Circleville to play in a big tourney. like mellon though 20 or 25 bucks might be a little better entry for me, could probably still do one for 50 though. maybe a 25 buy in with one re-buy for 25 in the first hour or something like that. Even at 25 bucks and 30 people thats 750 bucks in prize money so it would make for a good pay out for 3 places and add in re-buys on top of that and woule be a really nice pay out. I've hosted a few games but only up to 14 people and had a great time.

10. I try hosting one about every 4 - 6 weeks depending on my work schedule. Usually on Saturday nights, games start at 6:00 pm. We usually have 20 - 30 players, but I have tables set up for 40 players and have room to set up more if need be...(just short on chairs once we get up in the 30+ players range)

Normally its people I work with and friends of theirs, if theres some people from here that would like to get in on it, message me or email me and I can let you know when the next one will be.

I live in Lebanon (SW Ohio) for those that are interested. The buy-in is $20, no rebuys all money gets paid out to the top 3 - 4 places depending on number of players. We bump the blinds every 20 minutes, so the games run fairly quickly and are done within about 3 hours. We then usually end up playing a second and third game for $10 buy in for those that wish to stay around and play. Plus theres usually side games set up when people start getting knocked out as well as billiards, foosball, air hockey, and darts that can pass the time by...

Cat~n~Crappie

11. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Wonderful idea! Just need to start working details so it happens and the post does not just fade away.lol