Harrison lk 10/21/07

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishbonez, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Hey all new to the site. Fished harrison lk in fulton co. on sunday. 35 average crappie 2 bullhead 1 bluegill.:D

Attached Files:

2. Nice report. Almost didnt see the fish in the background lol. Where about is Harrison Lake located at?

Shore fishing or boat fishing?

3. We were in a boat. Electric motors only. Get on the odnr website and check out the lake maps. All i know is its in fulton co. I had no clue what to expect. Just decided to pick up and go.

4. Thanks for the info. Were you fishing the deeper end or the shallow end? It looks like there are a few pockets of downed trees. Any luck there?

I fish from shore so I am looking to find a spot that will be easy for me to cast effectively to. I printed off the DNR map. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

Thanks in advance.

5. I hit up Harrison Lake on Sunday, 10/28 from 2:30-6:00 pm with a buddy of mine.

I was impressed with the various structure that virtually surrounded the entire lake. Lotsa spots with downed trees, rocky shore areas, a dam, a dyke, a bridge, etc. There were quite a few places for shore fisherman to hit the waters as well.

With that being said, I talked to a park ranger and asked him where to go for crappie. He pointed me over to a spot he fishes at with success, so we cruised over there. Of course, I get all of 3 bites on a chartreuse maribou jig, and nothing else. They did feel like panfish bites, but who knows what they were.

We hit various spots along the shore, with no luck, and fished directly off a narrow bridge on the west side of the lake, where my buddy pulled out two 2 small white crappie. I got SKUNKED, which makes 4 consecutive trips where all I am doing is hauling water/practicing casting. It sucks.

We didn't have any minnows. Maumee Bait and Tackle is closed for a month and the last few days they were open they didn't have minnows stocked. We tried wax worms, nightcrawlers, crappie nibbles, and just regular ol' hardware and really had no luck whatsoever.

Wind was pretty strong west wind at 15-20 mph and made it damn hard to fish certain areas with light tackle.

There was tons of surface action but I couldn't make out what the fish were. They were all smaller sized, but seemed to be bigger than baitfish.

At the end of the day, I tried various bigger spinners for some largemouth after I realized I wasnt getting any crappie, and had zero luck with that as well.

If the fish were biting, it woulda been a cool place.