Haron Pond Williams Rd.

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Garyoutlaw77, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

Anyone fish here ? what is the Lake's contours ? Topos?

2. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

I think (not sure) Heron Pond on Williams Rd. is also called Three Creeks. It's name is correct. It is a pond. I fished it from shore several times in the spring about 9-years ago. Lots of people were fishing it, but most of them were pan fishing.
    It can easily be fished from the shore. And yes, there are, or at least there were, lots of bass in this pond. I didn't catch any giants. But it did keep me busy catchin' um.

3. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

Heron and Three Creeks are actually two separate ponds connected by a bike trail. Heron is off Williams and Three Creeks is off Bixby. You can drive to and park at either.

I used to fish Heron all the time, and it does have some bass in it. As mentioned above, they get minimal pressure. Most people who visit are panfishing. At one time there were a lot a big crappie in it.

As for topography, real shallow and real flat about says it all. Nearly every bass I ever caught there was in 12" of water or less.

Good luck!

4. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

I was told it had a deep spot on the S/E corner but have not proof

5. Noiceracing

Noiceracing Kevin C Noice

Heron is about chest deep all the way across back in the 70's Pirahana model boat club had exclusive rights to the pond I watched someone walk across the whole pond one day.nowdays there is about 2 to 3 feet of muck on the Bottom.Their Use to be Big bass in there.

6. trofybassinassasin

trofybassinassasin The heat is on!

You could always get a deep running crank bait and estimate how deep it goes before hitting bottom. You risk losing the bait but it can give you an idea of how deep it is and definitely let you know if it is deeper than other parts of the pond. There is another pond in Three Creeks parks called Turtle Pond off Bixby. I have fished there but it is hard to catch them. There is alot of cover though and I have a feeling there is big bass in there. Tons of moss and hydrillia. My friend said he caught a 3 pounder in there, but that could be inaccurate, I didn't see it. It is worth a try. I have gotten skunked there all but once. If you goto Turtle I would suggest no expensive baits. A lot of trees and high chance of losing them. I have lost a few. If you goto Heron and have any luck let me know.