Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If you are not running a good quality swivel in your harness presentations you WILL have line twist.Doesn't matter if you are casting them or trolling them.A harness is not like a crank.You have to use a swivel.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I do use ball bearing swivels.I get them from Jann's Netcraft.I get the size #1 with the split ring on both ends.Package of twelve for six bucks.I also buy Jann's duo-lock snaps sizes one,two and three.This way I can custom make my swivels on the water if I need to have a bigger or smaller swivel depending on whatever I am using.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Also make sure your weighting device is made so the weight does not spin. Use a bottom bouncer, keel weight etc. then use a good quality swivel. Don't risk a once in a lifetime fish on .05 cent tackle. Cross lock snaps are also important so you don't lose stuff like oh... let's say 30 jets. Right Larry? By the way I changed all those.:eek:

·
Administrator
9,499 Posts
Walmart has some stainless ball bearing snap swivels for $1.27 a 3-pak for those of us too cheap to buy the Sampo's. :D

I also have used the Jann's and they are good too.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Right Kev,I was going to say something about the swivels but hey YOU are the captain And I was just the first mate.;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I use the cheaper swivels and have zero problems with them behind jet 40's. I'm using the ones that have the 3 for 1.29 at wally world. I've never had a line twist problem and many times I'm pulling six lines at a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts