Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, while up on erie last weekend, I lost somewhere between 9-12 blades on my harnesses. I was using the plastic quick change clevises that are a whiteish to milky color. Are these the best ones or are there any better quick changes out there??? I am about ready to just go back to the old steel ones!

·
Just keepin' ya honest.
136 Posts
Had the same issue, I use folded ones. The only downfall with those, they will chip paint over time. I dont bother with using the diff. blades with the same bead pattern. I have seperate bead patterns for each. And they all work. Good fishin

Eric

·
Lets go Fishin
418 Posts
I have had similiar problems with the black ones which I was told was the best. I try to make sure not to overbend the opening when I change the blade, and have still lost them.
Chris

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
That's a lot of blades to lose. I occasionally lose 1 blade but most days do not lose any. Are you installing them in the correct direction?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a lot of blades to lose. I occasionally lose 1 blade but most days do not lose any. Are you installing them in the correct direction?
Yup and I don't bend them much either...

·
Registered
414 Posts
It is a darn if you do and darn if you don't kinda thing. I have brought in 8 pounder who didt throw the blades and had 20inch fish fight and throw the blade. The bad thing about the metal clevis are they will eat up the line a lot faster than the plastic ones will. The clevis I use have a little beak on the arm to help prevent that but those still loose some blades.

·
Registered
11,392 Posts
I have not lost a blade since I started using a small dab of Lok-Tite thick super glue on the top of the clevis opening. The glue bridges the gap and holds well enough to retain the blade but can be easily broken when removing the blade with a twisting motion. The glue cure is accelerated with water so I just install the blade, apply the glue and toss it into the water. Works great for me.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts