Ohio Game Fishing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Can catch em pretty much anywhere.Use 3-6" live(and kept lively) baits.fish around deepest structure during the day and shallows close to that at night.As for areas,the Scioto,Deer creek is kinda close and I'm sure most of the other ll rage lakes around here at least have SOME in them.Ounce or two ow weight on main line,then a heavy swivel,then a 12"-18" 25# mono leadernice bigger circle or hybrid type hook.Hook up your bluegill,sucker,whatever and LIGHTLY throw it out as to not kill it.You throw far and it'll b dead before it hits bottom.NO GOOD.I like to drag or reel a couple turns every 5-10 mins. just to" wake the bait up".Stay patient.You may get there before dark and not get a hit till 1-2 in the morning.It ain't channel cat fishin !

Sent from my VS870 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With 1 post no one is going to say much of anything. Use the search button and you can dig up plenty of info.
What do you mean with one post no one is going to say much of anything? I just moved here? Wow man! Didn't know I had to be an everyday poster to ask a question?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can catch em pretty much anywhere.Use 3-6" live(and kept lively) baits.fish around deepest structure during the day and shallows close to that at night.As for areas,the Scioto,Deer creek is kinda close and I'm sure most of the other ll rage lakes around here at least have SOME in them.Ounce or two ow weight on main line,then a heavy swivel,then a 12"-18" 25# mono leadernice bigger circle or hybrid type hook.Hook up your bluegill,sucker,whatever and LIGHTLY throw it out as to not kill it.You throw far and it'll b dead before it hits bottom.NO GOOD.I like to drag or reel a couple turns every 5-10 mins. just to" wake the bait up".Stay patient.You may get there before dark and not get a hit till 1-2 in the morning.It ain't channel cat fishin !

Sent from my VS870 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Thanks for the tips I can't wait to hook one! I've heard they're fun!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Didn't mean any disrespect. Just seem to get a lot of people with bad intentions. People like it when you tell us about yourself and help contribute to the site before they hand out info.

·
Just practicing my cast
4,683 Posts
ya put me in your will Lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
I hear deer creek down by the Scioto is great.
Sure is. Just get permission to get on it or back to it, first.
I wouldn't drive all the way from Columbus to fish it with all the good resaoirs and the Scioto up that way. It's right in my backyard, so it's convinient for me. As is Darby.

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Just get permission wherever you put in and don't drop an anchor.
No permission required on public highway intersections with navigable streams (Deer Creek) as long as you remain in the Right of Way. You may also navigate around log jams and riffles if you cannot float through. The more you know!

·
Registered
545 Posts
No permission required on public highway intersections with navigable streams (Deer Creek) as long as you remain in the Right of Way. You may also navigate around log jams and riffles if you cannot float through. The more you know!
Good luck getting on the creek by staying in the right of ways. I understand you can navigate around log jams and such, but you cannot anchor.

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Good luck getting on the creek by staying in the right of ways. I understand you can navigate around log jams and such, but you cannot anchor.
Right of ways extend 20 or more feet from the edge of the road. Sometimes even wider near bridges. Many of those gravel pull-offs along roads are within the right of way. That's why you see people parked all the time and no one getting in trouble.

Refer to the county auditor's GIS site, many of them show road ROWs along with parcel line data.

·
Registered
820 Posts
No one can tell you where to anchor or not. No one owns the waterway. If your in a Ohio waterway with a registered kayak with an Ohio fishing license, fishing that waterway no laws are broken.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've seen those pull offs and always wondered .... Bobber or no bobber? I like the glow stick ones at night easy to pay attention to it?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
No one can tell you where to anchor or not. No one owns the waterway. If your in a Ohio waterway with a registered kayak with an Ohio fishing license, fishing that waterway no laws are broken.
I normally agree with you but in Ohio, land owners own to the middle of the water way. You may be on the water but if you anchor, you are technically trespassing.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.